*ten*

tw: physical abuse

<3

[Flashback]

Yoongi walked through the house sleepily, rubbing his bleary eyes as he dragged Kumamon through the kitchen looking for something to eat and frowning sadly when he discovered that the fridge was, in fact, empty.

He closed the fridge, waited a few seconds, and opened it again hopefully, only to be disappointed again.

What kind of fridge doesn't have food?

He glanced around, a familiar silence echoing throughout the house. His father was sitting on the couch in his work clothes, legs crossed as he stared at his phone. Yoongi could hear the shower running, meaning his mother must be awake by now as well.

It was unusual for Yoongi to be awake this early⁠— early enough to be awake before his father left for work. The boy was just hungry. Too hungry to stay in bed.

The night before, his parents had been arguing in the kitchen, and Yoongi was too scared to leave his bedroom to get something to eat. He fell asleep to the sound of yelling and the comfort of his soft plushie, disregarding the fact that he never had dinner.

"Yoongi."

Startled by the sudden voice, Yoongi looked up to see his father peering at him, a twisted sneer on his face. If anything, the man looked slightly amused to see the boy clad in sleep clothes that were clearly too big for him clutching the Kumamon plushie so protectively.

"You still carry that damn thing around? What, are you five?" his father said, his voice dripping malice, referring to the plushie.

Yoongi stared at the man, wide-eyed. He didn't dare speak. That would only make his father angry.

After a few seconds of silence had passed and Yoongi still hadn't answered, the man set his phone down on the couch and stood up, slowly walking towards the small boy.

Yoongi was trembling. Was his father going to hit him again?

"I'm s-sorry, sir," the boy whispered in an attempt to stop his father from getting angry.

He slapped Yoongi in the face.

"You didn't answer my question," the man noted, a steely undertone to his unusually quiet voice.

He was angry.

"S-sorry," Yoongi repeated weakly, tears rushing to his eyes at the stinging pain from the blow to his face.

"I said answer my question, are you fucking deaf?" his father yelled as he shoved the small boy into the wall.

Yoongi was now crying, "I'm sorry, I'm s-sorry! N-no sir, I'm not f-five years old!"

The door to the bathroom opened, Mrs. Min humming quietly as she walked out, her hair wet from her shower. She sucked in a sharp breath at the sight of her husband yelling at her crying son. It was just too damn early in the morning for this.

Seeing the woman approach the two, Mr. Min directed his angered gaze towards her. "Who the fuck asked you to waste money on shit like this? You quit your fucking job for him, you expect me to pay for everything now, and you waste my hard-earned money on this?" He rips the plushie out of Yoongi's hand, which caused the boy to start sobbing hysterically.

Yoongi was scared that after that day, he wouldn't get to see his Kumamon plushie ever again.

He should've stayed asleep until his father left the house, at least. So what if he was hungry? He'd been hungry before, what would a few more hours do to him? He should've left Kumamon in his room.