fourteen

"H-Haewon?" When Jimin's mother opened the door, she was shocked to see her best friend, along with her own son, Yoongi, and a crying Taehyung.

"I know things have been rough between us for a long time now, but I feel that we were being immature and I really just wanted to—" Mrs. Park silenced the rambling woman by pulling her into a tight hug, tears sparkling in her eyes.

"I missed you so much, Wonnie," she whispered, grinning.

"I missed you too, Jiyeon," Mrs. Kim gave her best friend a fond smile, which just as suddenly turned into a frown as she smacked Mrs. Park on the arm. "You idiot, I was two houses down, why didn't you visit me?"

Scowling as she rubbed her arm, Jimin's mother answered, "I'm the stubborn one, you probably should've expected as much from me."

Mrs. Kim rolled her eyes and smiled before inviting herself in and sitting on the couch, the children following behind her.

"So," Mrs. Kim began, "Where's Woohyun?"

Mrs. Park stiffened before replying simply, "He left us. You. . . . You were right, Haewon. I-I'm sorry."

"My goal wasn't to prove you wrong. I just didn't want you to get hurt, Yeonie. I never liked him because I knew the real him. He just wasn't a good man."

"I know, I know," Mrs. Park sighed sadly, leaning her head on the younger's shoulder.

A few seconds passed before a whiny voice broke the silence. "I'm here too, notice meee~" Taehyung pouted, causing Mrs. Park to grin.

"Taetae, I missed you so much!" she said, reaching over to pinch the boy's squishy cheeks.

"That hurts!" he giggled, trying to scramble away as the woman reached her arms out to grab him. When Taehyung was within her grasp, she tickled him, making him laugh so hard his stomach hurt.

Mrs. Park then reached over to squish Yoongi's cheeks, earning a whine and a shy gummy smile from the small boy. "So, this one's yours too?" she asked Mrs. Kim, who responded with another fond smile. "Yes, he's mine, too."

As the two women continued to catch up, the three boys quietly slipped off of the couch and followed Jimin to his room, deciding to play, since all this talking was boring them.

<3

It had been over an hour, and the two mothers decided to check on their children, noticing how oddly quiet they had become.

They quietly peeked inside Jimin's room to find the three sprawled onto the floor, sleeping.

Mrs. Park, laughing quietly, suggested, "Why don't you let your kids sleep over? Let's not wake them up."

After tucking them into Jimin's bed, Mrs. Kim left soon after, since it was getting late and her husband would be "cranky" without her.

<3

Ever since that day, the three kids were inseparable.

They stayed friends all throughout elementary and middle school, visiting the park everyday after their long school day was over, where Yoongi and Jimin still continued their exchange of snacks. They had sleepovers almost every other night and wouldn't hesitate to barge into each others' houses, screaming random nonsense and raiding fridges for all of the good food.

It was only in high school that everything began to change. . . .

They started to raid each others' pantries for food, too.

<3

well this chapter sucked ;~; there will be a time skip next chapter!! they will be in high school, so it's finally time for some drama :) i hope you like this chapter more than i did,, it's really just a filler of sorts.. (by the way, if you got confused, Haewon is Mrs. Kim and Jiyeon is Mrs. Park. Woohyun is Mrs. Park's husband. they aren't divorced,, he just walked out.) byeeee thanks for reading <3