nine

It had already been a few weeks of living with the Kims.

After the day that changed everything, Yoongi hadn't gone to the park at all.

He missed his chubby-cheeked dongsaeng.

<3

"Auntie, where are the Ziploc bags?"

Yoongi had already made Jimin a jelly sandwich and was planning his escape.

It would only be for a few hours, so nobody would notice his absence.

"They're over there, sweetie," Mrs. Kim said, pointing to a cabinet that was definitely out of the boy's reach before walking over to get them for Yoongi herself, seeing that he was too short. He was quite small for his age, even shorter than Taehyung, whom he had come to learn was over two years younger than him.

Carefully putting the sandwich in the bag, Yoongi waited until Mrs. Kim's back was turned before heading to the door and grabbing his coat (and Kumamon, of course).

"Yoongi dear, when will you be back?"

Yoongi jumped, startled. She caught him.

"Uh, I was just heading to the park. . . . to take a walk!"

Mrs. Kim chuckled, fully knowing that Yoongi would end up napping, not walking. Many people in the park knew of the little boy who always came to the park at the same time and always slept on the same bench. It was hard not to notice him. Sure, the area was secluded, but only because Yoongi slept there and people didn't want to disturb him.

"When will you be back, dear? I just want you to be back in time for dinner, that's all," the woman smiled warmly.

"I'll be home by five, I promise!" Yoongi grinned before closing the door behind him.

He liked Mrs. Kim.

<3

Yoongi sighed. Jimin wasn't there.

Maybe he stopped coming because Yoongi never showed up.

The boy pouted, hugging his plushie.

"I guess it's just you and me, Kumamon."

<3

Yoongi had been lying there on the bench, staring at the sky for what felt like hours, until he heard an excited shout.

Jimin.

"Hyung, you're back! I missed you!" his chubby-cheeked friend exclaimed, clutching a Ziploc bag in his hands.

Yoongi sat up, grinning, "I missed you too, midget boy."

"Hyung!" Jimin whined, still smiling, lightly shoving the older when he started laughing.

"Just kidding, Jiminie. Look, I brought you your jelly sandwich."

Jimin hummed in excitement, taking the bag and dropping the lighter Ziploc bag into Yoongi's hands.

"Lucky Charms! I really missed these," the older smiled, opening the bag of marshmallows, popping some into his mouth happily.

They ate their snacks in silence until Jimin asks, "Yoongi hyung, why were you gone for so long?"

Yoongi didn't respond, swinging his feet as he ate another rainbow-shaped marshmallow.

"Hyung?"

Shaking his head, Yoongi simply said, "I'm sorry, Jiminie, I know you must've missed my amazing jelly sandwiches."

"Of course, hyung, your sandwiches just made me crave jam these last few weeks. It was torture, seeing all those jars but not being able to reach them. My mom put them on an even higher shelf after she caught me trying to get a jar last week. She's a meanie," Jimin huffed.

More silence.

"Why though, really?"

"I just got in some trouble and got grounded, that's all," Yoongi lied quickly, not wanting to tell him the real reason.

"What did you do, hyung?" Jimin asked, curious.

He was pretty sure that the older was lying to him.

"Uh, I-I wasn't paying attention to my lessons," Yoongi mumbled.

It was a partial truth.

"But how else will you grow up to be a big, smart. . . . whatever you want to be?"

"I want to be a police officer," Yoongi supplied.

"Yeah! How else will you grow up to be a big, smart police officer?" the younger asked.

"Jiminie, police officers just need to be muscly and strong, not smart!"

Jimin rolled his eyes, "But you're so. . . . small."

"Hey!" the older pouted, "I'm not small! Besides, I have plenty of time to get muscly and strong. Mrs. Kim makes me drink a glass of milk a day so that I'll be as tall as Taehyung!"

Jimin furrowed his brows in confusion. "Who's Taehyung?"

"Ummm. . . . H-he's my brother," Yoongi mumbled.

"You have a brother?" Jimin gasped.

"Well, I have two brothers and a sister now. Taehyung is as old as you, and the twins are younger than Tae, too."

"Oh, I wish I had siblings! I really want a little brother."

"Little brothers are loud," Yoongi warned the younger, "but they're tolerable, I guess."

Jimin suddenly shivered, a small pout forming on his face.

Cute.

"Hyunggg~," Jimin whined, "I-I'm kind of cold." The boy hadn't even brought a coat, only wearing a thin, long-sleeved shirt, one that slightly resembled the shirt he'd worn the first day he and Yoongi met.

Sighing, Yoongi wordlessly took off his coat and wrapped it around the younger's shoulders, scooting closer to him, the two almost cuddling. Yoongi felt much colder without the coat, so he tried soaking up as much warmth as he could from the boy next to him by curling into a ball, squishing his face into Jimin's side.

"Thanks, hyungie," Jimin grinned, wrapping his free arm around the older in an attempt to pull him even closer and warm him up a little.

Yoongi scowled, trying to hide his small smile, "Just eat your sandwich, Jimin."

"Okay, hyung!" the boy chirped, snuggling into Yoongi's shoulder.

Yoongi wasn't used to this skinship, but he dealt with it because he was cold and happy and he was with Jimin.

He was happy.

<3

i know i don't have many readers but it makes me super happy when people enjoy what i write, so please comment! thank you <3