thirty-seven

happy 8k reads!

<3

The whole family was gathered at the dining table of the Kims' house, Mrs. Park and her son included. It was a pretty large table, able to seat eight people.

The three adults sat on one side, Mrs. Kim sandwiched between her husband and best friend, while the three boys sat on the other, Yoongi sitting between Taehyung and Jimin, clinging to Jimin's arm, not feeling hungry but not wanting to leave the table just yet.

The twins, Taeyeon and Taeyang, weren't too friendly with each other, so they sat at opposite ends of the table. They were only eleven years old, petty and childish, like some siblings were.

They had already started eating, the adults making conversation, but the kids staying silent.

Taehyung suddenly stopped eating and looked up, reaching under the table to squeeze Yoongi's hand, trying to calm his nerves.

"Eomma, Appa. . . . Jiyeon auntie," Tae said, "I wanted to talk to you about something. It's k-kind of important."

Yoongi and Jimin both knew exactly what this was about.

The parents looked up from their plates, and almost instantly, Tae regretted ever speaking.

"U-umm. . . ." he hesitated. Their curious stares were suddenly very intimidating.

"Is something bothering you, Taetae?" Mrs. Park asked.

Taking a deep breath, Taehyung began to speak. "I'm. . . . I'm really fucking starving, can I have more food?"

Mrs. Park started laughing and Taehyung's father, hiding a small smile of his own, proceeded to reprimand his son. "No cursing, Tae."

Taehyung felt a kick to his shin and winced at the sharp pain that followed. "Fuck," he said under his breath, glaring at Yoongi. "Tell them," the older whispered back, a persistent look in his eyes that Tae knew he couldn't ignore.

"I-I can't," Taehyung mumbled. "I'm scared."

Yoongi decided that he'd be the one to help Taehyung this time, not the other way around.

"I have something to say, too." He looked up at the three adults. "I'm gay."

There were no gasps of shock, nor was there any angry yelling. Which was expected, the Kims being such accepting and loving people.

Mr. Kim smiled. "Well, we're happy as long as you are, Yoongi."

Yoongi looked over at Jimin's mother, who seemed to be really, really happy for some unknown reason. It was actually a bit scary in Yoongi's opinion, to be honest.

"You're still our son, nothing has changed," Mrs. Kim said, a big grin on her face that made the boy feel a bit suspicious. Why were they all so happy about it? "We love you no matter what."

Yoongi expected them to be open-minded, but what he didn't expect was this level of what almost seemed like. . . . enthusiasm.

The two boys, trying to take the easy way out, of course, decided to piggyback off of Yoongi's confession.

"I-I'm bi," Jimin blurted. "And Tae's gay."

"Hey!" Taehyung frowned, although secretly relieved that he didn't have to say it himself.

Mr. Kim sighed, "Wow, is everybody at this table gay?"

"I'm not," Taeyang said, picking at his food, "But Taeyeon probably is."

"Am not!" The girl rolled her eyes at his brother. "Stop making things up."

Taeyang scoffed. "Says you."

"Shut up," Yoongi scowled, effectively quieting the two down. They always listened to Yoongi, but they could never take Taehyung seriously.

"Wait, who else is gay at this table?" Jimin frowned.

"Your mother and I almost became a thing a long time ago," Mrs. Kim laughed.

"But that idiot ruined it and stole her away," Jimin's mother gestured to Mr. Kim, who made a noise of protest.

"Not true!"

Mrs. Park smiled. "Just kidding, just kidding. Haewon and I are bi. Not really sure about you though, Sungmin."

Mr. Kim shrugged. "I don't like putting a label on it."

"Well, welcome to the club, boys," Mrs. Park said with a grin. "We're all a little gay, just some more than others."

<3

short but still important! what did you guys think about this chapter? hhhhh why do i keep writing this instead of finishing my homework??? I'm screwed though, I'm still on page 54 out of 431 :,( i'll hopefully get another chapter written soon, anyway. thanks for reading <3