twenty-eight

Ever since the morning Yoongi woke up to Jimin kissing his neck, he began to notice that the younger became quite touchy with him— subtly placing a hand on his thigh here and there, back hugging him, letting Yoongi sit in his lap while they watched movies together.

And it wasn't like Yoongi had anything against Jimin's sudden touchiness. In fact, it was quite the opposite. He began to crave the little touches. Yoongi loved cuddling with him, letting the boy play with his fluffy pink hair and lying his head in Jimin's lap. Yoongi, naturally, was pretty clingy and loved skinship— only with Jimin, mind you— so this sudden change was very much appreciated on his part.

Taehyung was a very observant boy. He could sense that something was changing between the two boys. It was only a matter of time before something would happen, something that would change their whole relationship. Taehyung only hoped that whatever was to come wouldn't ruin everything.

Having had a crush of his own—Jungkook, although that was obviously in the past—he knew what it was like, being around the oblivious crush, but unable to confess. It sucked, but Taehyung was completely over it. The more he thought about it, the more he was sure—he was over Jungkook. Well, fries before guys, right? No one, not even Jeon Jungkook, could come between him and his love for fries.

Jimin knew how touchy he was getting with Yoongi. He couldn't help it. He knew that Yoongi had noticed, and he didn't care. At least the older wasn't complaining. Jimin still wasn't sure of his own feelings, why his heart fluttered every time he was with Yoongi and why started seeing his best friend in a new light. It was weird, this sudden change.

Jimin knew that Yoongi wasn't into him or anything. He knew that. Yoongi was straight, and Jimin was stupid to hope for anything different, because. . . . because he knew it would never happen. Jimin was bisexual. He'd spent quite a long time questioning his sexuality, not telling Yoongi, of course. And it wasn't that Jimin thought that Yoongi wouldn't accept him. Of course he would. Jimin just didn't want anything to change. He was scared.

He didn't know that Yoongi was going through the exact same thing.

<3

Jimin stared at Yoongi affectionately, watching the boy happily eat his ice cream. Yoongi always tended to scrape around his ice cream for the melting parts, he'd noticed. It was cute. Yoongi got vanilla, of course, his favorite. It was a classic flavor. Jimin liked fruity flavors, so he decided to go with strawberry. It was sweet, and within a matter of minutes, it was gone.

"Chim Chim, what are we doing next?" Yoongi asked, scraping his bowl for the last of the ice cream.

Jimin smiled, already knowing the answer. He'd planned to do this for a while now, and today seemed like the perfect day for it. It was warm for the first time in weeks, and the sun shone between the white fluffy clouds, hopefully meaning no rain. Perfect.

"We," Jimin began, "are going to visit the playground!" Yoongi grinned. He'd wanted to visit the park, but they hadn't gone all week since it was getting cold outside. "I brought bubbles," Jimin added, holding up a little bubble wand.

"Bubbles!" Yoongi giggled, grabbing Jimin's hand and tugging him out of the ice cream parlor. "Let's go, let's go!"

"Your hand's sticky from the ice cream," Jimin complained, although he couldn't find it in himself to let go of Yoongi.

Jimin sat in the driver's seat of his car, sighing, "Now the steering wheel's going to get all sticky too."

Yoongi stuck out his tongue. "Too bad."

The drive there was quiet, Yoongi staring out of his window, lost in his thoughts, while Jimin drove silently, wondering what was on Yoongi's mind.

As soon as Jimin parked, Yoongi nearly leaped from the car in his excitement, bouncing on his toes as he waited for Jimin to get out.

Not even a few minutes later, as they walked down that familiar path they always took, Jimin noticed how dark it was. Looking up, he groaned. It was definitely going to rain.

"Who cares, it's just rain," Yoongi said, his smile never dimming as he skipped to the playground, Jimin in tow.

<3

When the first drop of rain fell, Yoongi shouted, "Hell yeah!" at the top of his lungs, and Jimin almost fell over in surprise. Thank goodness the playground was empty, everyone else having enough common sense to check the weather before going out, something Jimin should've done as well.

It was as if the rain were a drug, Jimin thought, suppressing a smile as he saw Yoongi zoom around the playground, his tongue sticking out, determined to catch a drop of rain. There were times when Yoongi acted. . . . naturally high.

This was one of those times.

Jimin just watched, amused.

He saw Yoongi climb up the ladder of the slide, not caring about the large puddle at the end of it. Personally, Jimin hated going down wet slides. There was just something about the way he'd have to end up sitting in a puddle of rain that he didn't enjoy. Yoongi didn't give a crap about any of that, apparently.

Jimin expected the older to sit down and slide, but was surprised to see Yoongi stand up at the top, throwing his arms in the air, a blinding smile on his face. He looked like he didn't have a care in the world, standing there as the rain poured, drenching his clothes and his fluffy pink hair. He wasn't afraid of falling like he normally would be. He was in a reckless state of mind, Jimin thought. Yoongi was very unpredictable at this point, and Jimin held his breath, wondering what the boy would do next.

"I'm fucking gay!" Yoongi screamed at the top of his lungs, a breathless laugh escaping from him. Yoongi didn't seem to have a care in the world, Jimin thought.

He wished he could be the same way.

After that, Jimin wasn't sure what happened. It was all a blur. When he saw Yoongi slip, when he saw him tumble off of the slide, when he saw him crashing to the ground, unmoving, all Jimin remembered doing was running.

Running, because that was all he could do.

<3

well, that's definitely not how i was planning to end the chapter. . . . okay so i was really in the writing mood for this chapter, i hope you could tell! i hadn't really been feeling it lately, and i feel like this chapter is definitely one of my better ones :3 look forward to my next update! thanks for reading <3