*five*

tw: physical abuse

<3

Using the key he found under the mat on the porch, Yoongi quietly slipped into the house, but not quiet enough to go unnoticed by his father.

"Yoongi, come here. Now."

Yoongi knew something like this would happen eventually. It usually did.

He found his parents in the kitchen, where they had been yelling at each other before Yoongi had snuck out of the house to see Jimin— a futile attempt to distract his mind from what would inevitably happen next.

"I've heard from your mother that you haven't been paying attention to your lessons. Is that true?" his father began with a quiet, menacing voice.

Yoongi just stared at the man, trying to stay calm, trying not to start crying then and there out of fear.

He was scared. He couldn't move, couldn't speak.

His father began shouting. "Did your mother quit her job to watch you fucking sleep while she teaches?"

Yoongi gave no response.

"Answer me!"

Slap.

The force of the blow caused the small boy to fall to the floor.

"Are you fucking deaf? I said answer me!"

A kick to his side.

"N-no! Please don't h-hurt me, I'm sorry!" Yoongi began to cry in fear and pain.

A kick to his stomach.

"Shut the fuck up, you worthless piece of shit!"

A kick to the chest.

"You don't even deserve to speak!"

Another kick to the side.

"Do you think I bust my ass working to pay for your food, your clothes, and all of the bills just for you to waste your whole day sleeping?"

A kick to the head.

"Get the fuck up, don't just lay there!"

Yoongi sobbed, weakly pushing himself to his feet as the man continued to scream at him.

Eventually, it was over.

His father angrily left the house to do god knows what, coat in hand, blood still on his knuckles.

As soon as the door slammed shut, Mrs. Min rushed to her injured son's side, whispering the same words over and over.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. It's all my fault."