seventy-two

this may be a really long chapter . . . sorry not sorry

<3

Currently, Jungkook was bawling his eyes out in the comfort of Hoseok's arms.

"It's okay, sweetheart," the older murmured, brows knit together, "You're okay."

He let out another choked sob, clutching Hoseok's shirt tighter, momentarily feeling bad for the way his tears began to soak the soft cloth.

He didn't expect this scenario, not at all.

<3

Jungkook gulped nervously, seeing his boyfriend smiling at his phone on the couch. He seemed to be in a good mood, and Jungkook would feel bad if he was the one to ruin it. Namjoon and Jin had taken Yoongi and Jimin out for lunch, leaving the Parks' house empty in the hopes that Jungkook would attempt to come clean.

"Kook," Hoseok said in a soft voice, "You need to do it now."

He found his feet carrying him to Taehyung, as if they had a mind of their own. Sensing Jungkook's presence, his smile only grew, dropping the phone in his hands to pull the younger into his lap. "Jungkookie!" Tears rushed to Jungkook's eyes as he saw the loving expression on Taehyung's face and realized that he would never see it again after today.

They shared a sweet, gentle kiss-- no doubt their last, Jungkook thought-- Hoseok's cheeks burning with shame, knowing that he was the reason that the two would break up.

"U-um, Tae-- we need to talk," Jungkook hesitated, Taehyung's expression changing to one of worry at the sight of his boyfriend's watery eyes.

"Are you okay? What's wrong, Kook?"

Jungkook had wished he'd at least kept his composure for one second, but at soon as the words left Taehyung's mouth, he burst into tears.

"I-I'm so sorry, Tae, I'm such-- such a horrible person, I don't deserve you," he cried, "We were s-so perfect, and I-- I ruined everything. I-It's all my fault."

"No, it's not," Hoseok said lowly, eyes pained.

"W-what happened?"

"I cheated, Tae."

"O-oh."

Taehyung looked down at their intertwined fingers. "Did you stop loving me?"

"N-no, never."

He allowed himself a tiny smile, ruffling the younger's hair despite the swirling thoughts in his head. Jungkook cheated on him because he wasn't good enough. "Then we can work it out, can't we?"

Jungkook sobbed again, pulling Taehyung into a tight hug, his face pressed into the older's chest. "I'm so s-sorry, hyung. I don't deserve you. He— he even said that we could stop if I wanted, and—"

"Don't," Taehyung whispered, "Don't say anything else, please. I don't want— I don't want to know anymore about it. It happened, and knowing about it won't do anything but make it hurt more."

Jungkook looked at Hoseok, whose eyes were wide. "Y-you don't want to know who--"

"I really don't," Taehyung mumbled. "Just— I need a hug, please?"

Jungkook sniffled, crawling into his lap and tucking his head into Taehyung's neck. "You deserve better."

"Shut up, Kook, don't do that to yourself. You made a mistake. I forgive you, so forgive yourself."