fifty-one

Yoongi didn't tell the rest of the guys that he and Jimin were dating, he simply sat himself down in his boyfriend's lap at the start of the lunch period and waited for his friends' eyes to bulge out of their heads in surprise.

For some strange reason, though, Yoongi didn't get the reaction he'd expected. In fact, there was no reaction at all.

Yoongi huffed in annoyance, a pout on his face. Jimin reached his arm around Yoongi and speared a piece of fruit before holding it to the older's mouth. "Eat, baby, you'll be hungry later."

Jimin found himself saying that quite often recently. He noticed how the boy had been eating less and less everyday, sometimes skipping dinner and saying that he wasn't hungry, or watching Jimin eat snacks without eating something himself.

Jimin was worried. He knew that Yoongi was pretty insecure about himself and he really wanted to let Yoongi know with every chance he got that he was perfect just the way he was.

Yoongi wrapped his lips around the fruit and took the piece into his mouth, chewing carefully. "I'm not very hungry," he tried to say, shrinking with slight shame under Jimin's concerned gaze, knowing fully well that Jimin knew he hadn't eaten all day. To be honest, what spurred this recurring behavior of Yoongi's was the lingering thought in the back of his mind that he wanted to look good for Jimin. That if Jimin was to see him in a more intimate way than best friends normally would, Yoongi would feel confident with his body, that he would be happy with how Jimin saw him.

At the moment, he couldn't really stand the sight of his body in the mirror. Ribs showing, no abs, faded scars littering his skin, skinny arms and legs, and the countless other faults that Yoongi could find with himself all settled him into this cycle of wanting to look good and feeling depressed when he wasn't satisfied with himself— which was all the time. His depressed state only fueled his frequent lack of appetite, which only made him feel and look weak and tired, causing his to dislike his appearance.

Yoongi knew he was digging a hole, and it wasn't that he didn't care— he just cared too much.

"Oh my gosh, can someone please just ask why I'm sitting in Jiminie's lap?" Yoongi scowled.

"Are you guys finally fucking?" Jin asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

Jimin grinned as Yoongi covered his face with his hands in embarrassment. "We'll get there, Jin hyung, don't be so impatient."

Jungkook snorted. "They've only kissed once, and Jin hyung's getting all sad because he and Namjoon hyung haven't done anything interesting yet."

Jin kicked Jungkook under the table, hearing him groan in pain. Namjoon looked at his boyfriend, worried. "Is he being serious? Do you really feel that way?"

Jin sighed softly, "I'm not 'getting all sad,' I'm perfectly fine with the way things are."

"Now that you're done entertaining us all with your lies, why don't you tell us what you really mean?" Hoseok laughed.

"I just want you to fuck me," Jin huffed, exasperated. "Or the other way around, I honestly don't care, I'm fine with—"

He was cut off as Namjoon's lips swiftly met his, effectively shutting him up. The rest of the boys laughed and cheered, causing others around them to stare weirdly at the chaotic noises.

"I'm an idiot," Namjoon laughed. "Honestly. You have to talk to me, Jinnie, okay? I was just going to take things slow since you didn't say anything, but now. . . ."

"You guys are finally going to fuck?" Taehyung grinned.

Jin smacked Tae on the arm. "Shut up!"

"What about me?" Yoongi whined suddenly. "Don't you guys want to know why I'm in Jiminie's lap?"

Jimin laughed, finding his boyfriend's childish behavior cute.

"Are you guys dating now?" Namjoon asked. He could still remember the day he asked the two during their game of Truth or Dare whether they were together or not.

"Yeah," Jimin said with a smile, wrapping his arms around Yoongi's waist. "We're together now."

"Finally," Taehyung groaned. "I've been waiting for this for years! You guys are so slow."

"Years?" Yoongi frowned.

"I've shipped you guys for the longest time," Taehyung shook his head. "You don't even know how long we've been shipping you two."

Jimin furrowed his brows suddenly. "Wait, who do you mean by we?"

"Only the entire family, Chim."

"You mean. . . . our parents?" Yoongi asked, lowkey feeling freaked out at the prospect of his parents shipping him and his best friend, probably making bets and observing their cuddling sessions with no doubt creepy grins on their faces.

"And Jiyeon auntie," Tae said, "She owes Eomma now because Eomma bet that Jimin would ask you out first, and he did."

"Well, we owe her brownies because I bet that Jiminie wouldn't like me back."

"Brownies!" Jin gushed. "Oh, I really want brownies right now."

"Mmm, me too," Hoseok sighed.

Yoongi rolled his eyes, hiding a small smile.

"I owe Tae food because of you," Jungkook suddenly scowled at Yoongi. "He bet that you'd chicken out and wait for Jimin hyung to ask you out."

"What did you expect?" Yoongi grinned.

"For you to man up and ask him out so that I wouldn't have an empty wallet!" Jungkook whined childishly.

"He owes me Panda Express," Tae said with a gleeful smile. He absolutely loved free food.

"Your wallet's definitely going to be empty after that," Jimin chuckled, holding up another piece of fruit to his boyfriend's mouth, smiling softly as his cheeks bulged with food.

"Thank you for feeding me, Jiminie!" Yoongi grinned, his eyes crinkling.

"Fucking adorable," Jimin mumbled under his breath before he smiled, "Of course, baby."

<3

I FORGOT HOW TO WRITE BECAUSE I HAVEN'T HAD THE TIME TO READ ANYTHINGGG AND BASICALLY JUST FORGOT ENGLISH

(even though english is my first language ;~; )

i literally don't know how to function anymore, it's kind of scary

well, here's the new chapter (FINALLY) and i'm sorry it's so bad, i have writer's block and i'm really not proud of this chapter, but at least it's not nothing?

this was sooo hard to write for some reason..

now, my question for today is actually... not a question? it's basically the opposite of the question from the last chapter: tell me something you love about yourself. it doesn't have to be about your body necessarily, it can be a talent or something weird or quirky about you, for example. for me, this made me think a little (correction: A LOT). i'm currently still thinking (lmao i don't know how to answer so hopefully i come up with something later)

if you have any suggestions or requests for upcoming chapters, i'll be sure to consider them!

also, i really want to talk to you all again, so if you have any problems or just really want to rant, i'm here to listen <3 (also if you just want to say hi lmao)

this was an insanely long author's note oOPS

thanks for reading <3