thirteen

"A circle is zero degrees Fahrenheit," Yoongi said. He felt very smart.

At the moment, Jimin was hanging out with Yoongi and Taehyung at the Kim's house, and Yoongi had decided to selflessly pass on his knowledge onto the two 95-liners.

"Why?" Jimin asked curiously.

Yoongi scoffed, "Well, it's because a circle has no corners!"

"Oh," Tae responded, not wanting to voice his lingering confusion since Jimin already seemed to understand Yoongi's logic.

Taehyung asked meekly, "Why is it F-Fairingheat?"

"It's Fahrenheit, Tae," Yoongi corrected, "It's Fahrenheit because Fahrenheit is a math word and it measures stuff, like circles and the temperature, and how tall you are."

"I-I don't get it," Taehyung frowned.

Jimin beamed, "You're really smart, Yoongi hyung."

"It takes time, Jiminie, but it comes naturally if you're a genius like me," Yoongi grinned.

<3

After eating a lot of pizza— and gasping in horror when Taehyung proceeded to eat the crust first— they went back to the playroom to figure out what they should do next.

It was only seven and they were getting very bored in the house, so they decided to sneak out to the playground at the park, which Yoongi was usually too lazy to play on. He preferred napping.

The three managed to get their coats and slip out the door without Taehyung's parents noticing. The adults were too busy watching Netflix or something in their bedroom. They must have been watching a horror movie in there, because there were a lot of weird noises coming from the room.

Taehyung had never gone to the park before, even though it was very close to his house. He followed behind his hyungs, who were already talking about something Taehyung didn't understand. He didn't like feeling left out. It made him feel sad.

To keep himself busy, Taehyung looked down as he counted his steps. He was on some kind of brick path. The bricks were dark red and cracked, a bunch of small weeds growing in between them. He wondered if the twins were already sleeping. Was there any pizza leftover? He could eat cold pizza for breakfast the next day instead of cereal! Unless his mother didn't let him. . . .

Taehyung looked up and realized that it had gotten much darker since they had left the house. He didn't like the dark, which was why he always had a nightlight in his room. Yoongi always protested, saying he was too old for the nightlight, but they both knew that Yoongi had gotten used to it and wouldn't be able to sleep without it.

Looking around, Taehyung's heart sped up. His hyungs were nowhere to be found. He was all alone. Taehyung started to cry. He didn't know the way back home. It was really dark and cold and he was scared that he'd be lost forever.

<3

"I never even wanted to watch My Little Pony! I'm too swag for that," Yoongi scoffed, "Taehyung threatened to tell Auntie that I was the one who broke her coffee mug last Tuesday, so I had no choice but to give that kid the remote."

Jimin blinked, stopping in his tracks before turning around. "Hyung, where's Taetae?"

"Crap," Yoongi winced before suggesting, "He's probably dead, let's just continue without him."