Anniversary?

You walk into the shared kitchen and give your usual loud "Morning!"

You smile brightly but, today, it doesn't quite reach your eyes. In the back of your mind, you knew that, no matter what you did, there would be a weight on your shoulders all day. You'd just have to hide it from everyone.

You walk to the fridge and grab a smoothie Nat had prepared for you. You flash her smile but, once again, it doesn't reach your eyes. First mistake. She noticed. Of course she did. Shes a trained assassin. You mentally chastise yourself as you notice her frown.

"You ok y/n?"

You fake smile again. "Yeah, why wouldnt I be?" you say 'cheerily'. Too cheerily.

Her frown justs deepens as she notices the strain in your voice. Trying to avoid the situation, you practically run out the door, smoothie in hand. You don't hear any footsteps behind you so you assume you escaped. Its not like you hadn't expected her to care anyway.

You reach your room and put your smoothie down on your desk, planning to drink it later. Walking over to your bed, you flop don on it and, suddenly, everything justs comes crashing down on you. Tears start spilling down your face as you choke on your sobs, trying to hold them back.

"She'll never love me. She couldn't. No one ever could. Not even my parents." You cry. "I dont deserve her love. I dont deserve anything. She should've killed me when she had the had chance. Someone like Nat would just be better off without you."

When you push yourself up, letting out a small groan, you see a distinct wet patch on your pillow from where your eyes had been. Rolling over awkwardly, you see a redheaded figure standing in the doorway, framed by the light.

"Oh Shit" you say, oddly calm.

(Sorry, I had to)

(Sorry, I had to)

The figure moves forward into the light, curls bouncing slightly, and you see their face. You already knew who they were. Nat.

"How long have you been there?" You ask, your calmness completely gone.

She doesn't reply but the guilty look on her face tells you she heard it all. You jump up and rush past her but are stopped as she catches your hand.a pink tint flushes your cheeks as you notice the contact. She pulls you closer so that your directly in front of her.

"What happened between you and your parents?" She asks tenderly.

You sigh in relief, glad she didnt bring up the 'other thing' and glad she cared. The relief soon ends and you look down, thinking about what you would say.

"Exactly four years ago I told my parents I was gay. They, well, they didnt take it too well. They didnt kick me out, as such, they just avoided and ignored me. They, they banned me from all rooms except my bedroom and, sometimes, the kitchen." You pause, trying to hold back the tears. You take a shaky breath and continue. "I had certain times to breakfast and lunch, or I didnt get it. I was completely isolated and neglected at home. I- I just"

You collapse into Nats arm, tears pouring down your face freely. Your legs melt and you stumble forward, further into Nat. She supports your weight without a second thought and you dont hesitate to lean on her heavily. She starts tracing patterns on your back with one hand, the other tangling itself in your hair. As she soothes you, your tears slowly start to stop and your cries get quieter and quieter until they fade out.

She bends down and gently picks you up as if you weigh nothing. She walks over to your bed and lays you down. You sigh as she walks away, assuming shes leaving, but dont complain. You then feel the bed dip behind you and you can't help but smile. Nats arms wrap around you protectively and she pulls you closer to her, allowing you to tuck your head under her chin. Her hand finds yours and her thumb gently strokes the back of it. Your legs intertwine with hers an you lock yourself in this safe position. You both settle into a comfortable silence until, of course, you had to ruin it.

"Nat, about the oth-" you're it off by Nats hand clamping over your mouth.

"Just go to sleep" she mumbles.

"Aw, do you need your beauty sleep" you tease. She smirks, not that you can see it.

"Are you saying im beautiful." You turn pink and promptly decide to shut up. She chuckles in your ear.

"Thats what I thought." After that 'helpful' comment you decide to sleep.

[...]

You wake in the morning, still wrapped in Nats arms. You smile at this. The fact that she did this, even though she knew you were in love with her, gave you confidence. Maybe you could just go back to normal and pretend this never happened.

You feel Nat stir and you wriggle around to face her. "Morning" She groans and, despite your brains protest, a spike of arousal shoots through you.

"Im not awake. Now let me go back to sleep." You smile at her words, still amazed by how cute she could be.

"Still not had enough beauty sleep" you tease, forgetting how this had ended last time.

"Still think im beautiful?" She immediately jumps on the opportunity to tease you back.
You decide to take a risk.

"Always will do dear" you say, "even when you start to get grey hairs" She scoffs in response.

"Me? I'll never have any grey hairs. I dont get grey hairs. I'm Natasha Romanoff." You lean back and peer at her head, poking at a random spot.

"I dunno. I think I see one there." You grin smugly. She slaps your hand away and, despite it, smiles at you. You both fall silent just staring into each others eyes, getting lost in them. You cough uncomfortably, ruining the moment.

"Nat we still need to talk about, you know"
She smirks lightly, giving away her game plan.

"No I dont know" she says, even though her look tells you she knows exactly what you're talking about.

"Nat seriously" you say. She looks at you, eyes sparkling.

"I am being serious."

"Oh for Fucks sake, im talking about the fact that im in love with you and you damn well know it." She smiles coyly.

"I just wanted to make sure first" Your confused look changes to shock as she connects her lips to yours. You stiffen, unable to believe this was real, but soon relax and melt into the kiss.

Its unlike anything you've ever experienced before. It felt safe and comforting but also full of love. Most importantly, it felt real.

You let her take control, leading you in the kiss. She pulled away, leaving you wanting more. She smiled at you, a genuine smile. The smiled faded once she noticed the frown on your face.

"What is it? What's wrong?" You smile sweetly, though your intentions are anything but sweet.

"Your got something stuck your teeth dear" She slaps you playfully on the arm.

"You are very lucky I love you"

"You know, id say the same but the worst I'll do is throw a pillow at you"

She smiled and pecked you on the lips. "You really are something else, aren't you?"

A/n

Didn't really know where to end this one.

As always please leave requests

Thank youuuuu

Byeeeeee