Marriage

You stand at the back of the church quietly, thinking about how you had gotten here.

A few days ago, Natasha Romanoff had told you that she loved you, then run off before you could say anything. Now this would have been amazing, if it wasn't for the fact that she had been engaged to Steve Rogers.

You had decided that she must have been drunk, or maybe it was a dare. Either way, you weren't going to mention it. You were just going to ignore it and she seemed quite happy with that erangememt.

So here you were now, in a church, watching the love of your life marry Steve Rogers.

Natasha had avoided you since that day and now she wouldn't look at you. However, you knew that when you weren't looking, she couldnt keep her eyes of you, you could just feel her eyes. It didn't matter though, she was still marrying Steve.

"Do you, Stve Rogers, Take Natasha Romanoff to be your lawfully wedded wife, for better or for worse?" The priest asked Steve.

"I do" Steve replied, without hesitation.

"Do you, Natasha Romanoff, take Steve Rogers to be your lawfully wedded husband, for better or for worse?" The priest asked Natasha.

Time seemed to slow. Your eyes Were fixed onto Natasha and she turned her head to look at you. Her eyes met yours and a flicker of doubt crossed them. You felt bad, you should let them be happy together, but you couldnt, you loved her and maybe, just maybe, she loved you too.

Natasha's eyes flicked to Steve and then back to yours again. You cocked your head to the side in question. You weren't going to force her hand, she had to choose for herself.

And then, in a spur of the moment, Natasha walks of the stage, Steve's confused gaze following her. She walks purposely towards you and you stand a little straighter. She stops inches from you and stares at you, somehow finding her way deep inside your eyes.

She then connects her lips to yours and you hear shouts of disgust. You didn't care though, you stilll kissed her back with everything you had. It felt wrong but right at the same time. It felt like it was just you and Natasha, together and happy, where you were meant to be.

The safe feeling faded as she pulled away and you were returned to reality.

"Why did you?" You stop, still gasping for air.

"Like I said earlier, I love you" She whispers.

"Oh you meant that, I just thought you were drunk, like really drunk" You say, shocked.

She chuckles. "Yes i did mean it but yes i was also drunk otherwise I never would have told you that."

You smile. "Well then, I'm very glad you were drunk, Oh, and Nat, I love you too."

She smiles and kisses you again. "Now what to do about this awkward situation."

You smirk. "I learnt a very useful tactic for situations like this, walk away and let them figure it out."

She chuckles. "I think I might just do that."

She intertwines her hand with yours and, together, you walk out the church, leaving a very confused group of people behind.

[...]

Three years later and your stood in that same church, this time on the stage.

"Do you, Natasha Romanoff, take Y/n
Y/l/n to be your lawfully wedded wife, for better or for worse?"

"I do" Natasha responds, eyes fixed on yours.

"Do you, Y/n Y/l/n, take Natasha Romanoff to b your lawfully wedded wife, for better or for worse?"

"I do" You say, a smile on your face.

"I know pronounce you lawfully wedded wife and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

You both step forward and capture each other's lips. The kiss was very similar to the first one you had shared, safe, happy and content. It was amazing.

You pull away and the crowd cheers, even Steve. He had gotten over it pretty quickly and explained to Natasha that he was actually in love with Bucky anyway. You knew this already and it didn't seem to surprise Natasha.

In the end, everyone was happy, even Tony.

A/n

So, I don't know how marriages actually go, i kinda just made it up, so there's going to be a lot of mistakes. Sorry.

And as always, please pm me any requests.

Thank youuuu

Byeeeee.