Prom Queen

God save the Prom Queen
Teenage day dream
Just another dressed up heartbreak

A ripple spreads through the crowded hallways of the school and everyone's eyes turn in the same direction, a quiet hush settling.

Pushing through the crowd, head held high, was Natasha Romanoff- Your schools 'it' girl. You, however, knew that there was much more to her than that. You had only seen it once, her showing any sign of weakness, and it was nothing more than a discreet wipe of the eyes.

God save the Prom Queen
Only eighteen
Turned her tears to diamonds in her crown

She recovered easily though, looking straight back up, not a single trace of any tears. The only proof that it wasn't just your imagination was a small wet patch on her sleeve.

She's the first in line at the party
She's the first in line at the club
And she's got that body
Always gotta flaunt that
Everybody's looking up

You hated being the typical, trend-following person, but you also couldn't deny your intense feelings burning for her. Although you prided yourself on knowing her.

When she walks by you wanna be her
And your boyfriend pretends not to see her
'Cause she's got that fire, doesn't even try
Her booty has its own zip code

You would watch as all the boys, even the ones with girlfriends, stared after her longingly. And you would see the disgust on her face at all of them, even her own boyfriend. And after a long discussion with yourself, you had finally figured out that she was probably gay, not definitely, but probably.

All the peasants bow down

It was at a massive party, that you had only agreed to go to see her, that you finally got proof to all your theories.

God save the Prom Queen
Teenage day dream
Just another dressed up heartbreak

She had silently slipped out the door, unaware that you were following her, with tears streamings. She had turned around to catch you gazing at her, concern written all over you face. An awkward silence had ensued.

God save the Prom Queen
Only eighteen
Turned her tears to diamonds in her crown

And then, acting on instinct, you had rushed towards her and thrown your arms around her tense body. She had been reluctant at first, but soon she was sobbing into your arms.

Take a look at the future
Who knows what's ahead?
There's a house on a hill
with an indoor pool
And a millionaire in her be

You heard what people said about her, calling her a slut or a whore, saying that she was only with her boyfriend for the sex, when in reality her boyfriend had cheated on her a multitude of times.

And the years go by and she still dreams
She's the hottest girl in town
And the makeup's stronger
Gotta wear it longer
Just to keep a man around

You also heard what her boyfriend said about her, calling her 'his little bitch'. Honestly, it repulsed you, He repulsed you.

God save the Prom Queen
Teenage day dream
Just another dressed up heartbreak

The next time you spoke to her, she had sought you out specifically. There were no tears this time, but you could see the heartbreak in her eyes.

"He did it again" she had mumbled quietly, and all confusion or doubt had left your mind as you pulled her into you, whispering sweet nothings in her ear.

God save the Prom Queen
Only eighteen
Turned her tears to diamonds in her crown

You had kept her there, safe in your arms, for hours until school had ended. Your heart was beating out of your chest and your mouth was dry but you had still placed a gentle kiss on her temple.

Diamonds in her crown

She had spoken to you openly the next day, even with the entire shook watching. Her boyfriend had complained profusely but she had just shushed him, grinning happily as she walked over to you.

And she lives her dreams
through the magazines
And her daddy's gone
and she needs someone

Slight uncertainty had crossed her face as the onlookers jeered noisily, but she swallowed her fear and talked to you anyway, promising herself it would be worth it.

And she's got the looks
and the boys on hooks
But she'll trade it all
for a heart that's whole

And it was. She had walked you to your class, despite you insisting that you could make your own way, and had stared after you longingly.

God save the Prom Queen

She talked to you more and more, and soon people didn't watch anymore, didn't make a big deal about it. Today was no different, yet when she walked over to you there was a nervous air to her.

God save the Prom Queen

You were so consumed in your conversation that you didn't notice that you had been walking away from you class.

"Umm, Nat, What're we doing here?" You ask, finally realising you were not, in fact, at your class but at some abandoned corner of the school.

She looks at you uncertainly and takes a few hesitant strokes towards you, testing the water. "I thought I could try something."

You cock your head to the side questioningly, watching as she takes a few more steps towards you.

God save the Prom Queen
Teenage day dream

As soon as she is close enough, she is kissing your carefully, waiting for your response. You attack her lips eagerly, catching her by surprise.

God save the Prom Queen
Turned her tears
Turned her tears to diamonds in her crown

"What about your boyfriend?" You gasp, forcing your lips away from hers.

"Ex-boyfriend," She says proudly, puffing her chest out slightly. You smile happily and take her hand in yours, an unspoken offer being presented to her. She smiles back at you and squeezes your hand tighter, accepting the offer.

A/n

Ahhhhhhh. I need sleep. It's currently 00:31 and I'm exhausted but here I am writing this. Clever me. At least it's an excuse for it being awful.

Please leave requests

Thank youuuuu

Byeeeee