What you expected

When you finally escaped from your personal prison, you had not expected anyone to notice. You had not expected a team, prepared to rescue you. You had not expected a red head with deep, complex, emerald eyes. You had not expected to find love. You certainly had not expected to have a happy ending.

You had always wondered what it would be like outside if you ever managed to escape your captivity. You had expected to be able to get lost in the crowd, get a cheap job, small arpartment and drink the rest of your life away. What you had not expected was that immediately you would be all over the news. That you would be recognised everywhere you go. You should have expected this, after all, you were the famous White Shadow.

You had expected that after a while, you would become old news and no one would be bothered about you anymore. You could then continue with your plan to waste your life. For a while, it seemed like this might happen. What you hadn't expected was that, just when you were disappearing off the headlines, you would reappear when Director Nick Fury sent a team to collect you for his Avengers Initiative.

You had expected that, when he took you, you could just lie low and they would forget about you. You thought they would send low level agents, you weren't that big a threat. What you hadnt expected was for Natasha Romanoff, The Black Widow, to show up at your house. You didn't think that this red head with astounding green eyes, who caused your breath to hitch and your heart to quicken whenever she was near you, to show up.

You expected that this red head would leave you alone and, therefore, this warm feeling you got around her would dissipate. You thought she would ignore you, treat like you were nothing more than a job. What you did not think is that she would end up training you, causing this feeling to grow bigger, more uncontrollable, more noticeable and more needy. You were not prepared for her to talk to you and never in a million years did you think you would call her a friend.

You had expected this feeling to just sit there, unnoticed by her. You had thought it would all just be a waste of time and you were fully prepared to be alone. You had not expected her to notice it and start flirting with you. You did not think she would ever press her lips against yours and and tell you that she loved you. You definitely never expected to spend the rest of your life with her.

But you did. And she turned your sad, miserable life as a captive, into one full of love, happiness and life.

You had never expected to end up married to Natasha Romanofff, but you were, and it was the best desicion of your life.

a/n

so i don't really know where this came from. but here you goo

as always please private message me any requests.

thank youuu

byeeeee