Confusing

"Well y/n, I've decided that you can start as a level 6 agent and work your way up from there"

You manage to keep a straight at Fury's word until you leave his office. Once you're outside your face breaks into a massive grin and Maria looks at you expectantly.

"He said I could start as a level 6 Agent, Maria! Level 6!"

She hugs you tightly.

"That's amazing y/n, absolutely amaz-"

"Agent Hill"

A smooth female sounds from behind you. You jump around and glare at her. She raises her eyebrows at you.

"And who are you?"

You ignore her question and turn back to Maria.

"Anyway, that means that I'll be authorised to go on mission , not that it stopped me before, but I'll be allowed to do them." You notice that Maria isn't listening to you and is looking at the woman instead. "Oi, Maria, stop ogling the redhead and pay attention to me"

She just sighs and turns to the woman. You pull out a water bottle and the redhead stares at you.

"Where the hell did you get that from?"

"My back pocket." You say, as if it is the most obvious thing in the world.

"You have a water bottle I. Your back pocket?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" You ask, your time of voice the same as before. You take a big gulp of water as Maria starts talking.

"So, Agent Romanoff"

You promptly spit out the water, all over the redhead and Maria, and stare at her, wide-eyed.

"As in the Agent Romanoff, not like the Agent Romanoff, the Agent Romanoff"

She stares at you, still spluttering, and blinks slowly.

"What?"

You smile and bit and chuckle. "Just ignore everything that comes out of my mouth, it's probably healthier that way. Although technically that means you should ignore that, which means you shouldn't, which means you should, which means-"

"Ok, we get it" Maria cuts her off sharply.

"Well I'm not sure about that" Romanoff mumbles.

After a while of silence, she shakes her and blinks a bit more. "So, who are you again?"

"Agent Y/l/n" you respond.

"Oh yeah, you went on that mission to the HYDRA base"

You smirk. "Cuz thats really specific."

"You did what?" Fury asks, coming out of his office.

"She went on a mission" Romanoff states.

He nods his slowly and you know that you're screwed.

"I'm just gonna go, it was, uh, lovely meeting you Romanoff"

You scurry off, leaving a very confused redhead behind you.

"What was that about?" She asks.

Fury smirks. "Y/n, has only just become an Agent and yet, apparently, she's already been on several missions"

Romanoffs eyebrows raise and she nods her slowly, taking in the news.

"My god, she is confusing."

[...]

"Hey, you"

You jump around, fists at the ready, and glare at the familiar redhead.

"You need to stop making me jump Romanoff."

"Natasha" she corrects "also, I've only done it twice"

"Exactly, that's loads" you exclaim loudly, making some people stare at you. "Anyway, what do you want?"

Natasha smiles brightly and takes a deep breath. "I was wondering if you would like to go out for some coffee sometime?"

"No thanks" you say immediately, watching as her face falls.

"Oh, uh, why not?"

You grin. "I don't like coffee, ice cream, however, I love and I would love it even more with some company"

She rolls her eyes but can't stop the smile from spreading on her face. "You got me worried there"

You smirk. "Why, can the Natasha Romanoff not stand being turned down, would it tarnish your reputation."

She just grins and raises an eyebrow. "You got it."

You chuckle and grin back at her. "Can't wait, oh wait, when is it."

She looks at her watch. "Umm, how about now?" She questions.

You nod and take her hand, leading her out of the door. She squeezes your hand tightly and a soft smile forms on your face.

You turn back to her.

"So, how about some coffee?"

She shakes her head.

"You are so confusing."

A/n

I just suddenly got randomly inspired to write this. Oddly enough the water bottle bit was completely planned.

Please leave requests, either via the comments or pm

Thank youuuuu

Byeeeee