Sleeping conditions

You take another sip of the beer and sigh. Footsteps ring and Natasha walks in, raising an eyebrow at the beer. You look at her briefly, shrugging, before turning back to your drink.

"Stress reliever" you reply simply, still not looking at her.

You were extremely drunk and you knew that, but it didn't really sow. You were the type of drunk that could still function, you just were less secretive and much more sarcastic.

You sigh and take another big swig of your beer, finishing it. "I ought to stop now. I'm gonna have a killer headache in the morning."

You groan and heave yourself of the seat. You take a few steps towards Nat and then collapse onto her. She giggles and supports you.

"I better help you" She says.

"no.  no" you say, pushing her away. "ill be fine"

You start to walk off but collapse again. This time she doesn't catch you and, much to your embarrassment, you face-plant the floor. She giggles again and walks over to help you up. When you refuse to get up, she grabs your hand and starts dragging you to your room. You still don't get up so she ends up dragging you the entire way there. Once your arrive at bed, you clamber up onto it and lie there, face down.

You hear Nat walking out and, for some reason, roll over and call to her, "Nat, will you stay?"

She smiles. "Of course y/n"

She climbs into the bed beside you and you relax. For the first time ever, you fall asleep in seconds.

[...]

You wake up to hear Nat muttering and rollling about. You catch a bit of what she's saying.

"No please, don't hurt me, please. No. NO"

Without thinking, you wrap your arms around her protectively.

"Hey, hey. I'm hear, nothings gonna happen. Ive got you. Your safe." You whisper to her.

She tenses at the contact and your not sure whether she's awake or not. Either way, she sooon relaxes and snuggles into your chest. You tighten your grip around her and slowly drift off to sleep.

[...]

When you wake again, its the morning, and you haven't over from your position. Your arms are still wrapped around her and her face is still buried in your chest. You don't move, not wanting to wake Nat up.

You say still into she starts to wake up.

"Hey beautiful" You say to her.

"Morning" she grumbles.

You smirk teasingly. "Not much of a mourning person then?" you say. 

She just groans in response.

"Hey Nat, you know last night, were you umm, awake when, well, you know" You motion to her in your arms.

She nods. "yep"

You nod your head slowly, not sure what to say.

"ok" You draw out the word.

You spend the rest of the day thinking about this. Why would she trust you? You didn't know why, but you were certainly glad she had. You hadnt slept better for years.

[...]

You sit awake in bed, trying your hardest to sleep. You check the time, 11:57. You really wanted to see Nat. You knew that if she was here, you would be asleep in seconds, but you didn't want to disturb her.

You hear the door open and, speak of the devil, you see Nat standing there.

"Nat?" You say.

"Yeah, I can't sleep, sorry"

"No its fine, i can't either. Come here" You quickly reassure her.

She walks over and slips into bed beside you. You immediately wrap your arms around her and this time she doesn't tense up, she just presses herself closer to you.

This becomes a common thing between the two of you. You rarely talked about it, you didn't need too, but you both definitely needed it.

One night, Nat didn't even bother to go to her room, she just came straight to yours. This gave you a chance to talk a bit.

You hold her protectively, as you did so often. "And people say nothing good ever comes out of drinking" you muse.

She smirks and twists around to face you. She shakes her head and rolls her eyes.

There was a silence between the two of you. "you know i like this" Nat motions to you holding her.""

You frown in confusion.

"you holding me and not the other way around. I'm usually the one protecting others, i like it the other way around. It wouldn't be nice if it was with everyone but i like it with you." She elaborates.

"You know i quite like it too, and i am very protective of you"

She smiles slightly at your response.

Her eyes flick to yours, then away, and then back again. You hold her gaze, unable to look away. You slowly lean closer, as if drawn by a magnet, and she follows out. You both slowly and hesitantly get closer, constantly checking that the other was still mirroring your actions. You stop inches from her face. Her hands travel to your face and she pulls you the last few inches and connects your lips to hers.

It was like you had just unlocked a door. You had never experienced anything like this before and you liked it. You hadnt really considered this before but, know that you had, it seemed perfect.

You pull away, "I love you Natasha" You say, only just realising this.

She seems to be thinking similar thoughts. "I love you too y/n". She responds.

You smile and kiss her again. "Seriously though, good things do come out of drinking." You say

She chuckles and rolls her eyes. She slaps you lightly around the back of the head, causing you to put on a fake offended look. She smirks and kisses you.

"There, I kissed it better for you" She teases.

You smirk. "Well then, maybe you should do some more of it" You suggest 'innocently.'

So you do just that, along with some talking, both revelling in this new found love.

A/n

what did you think? I got inspiration for this by hugging a pillow, i dunno why.

Anywhoooo, please private message me any requests.

Thank youuuu

Byeeeee