55 Favoring Qie Over Wife (55)

"Don't let her get away!"

Song Jia gulped when she saw that there more shadow guards waiting for them outside Bai Mei Lien's bedroom. She used the anti-gravity boots to its maximum capacity as she escaped while carrying Bai Mei Lien. But because of the added weight, her jump wasn't as high as before.

"Careful, that woman knows qinggong!"

Qinggong, your mother. She snorted.

Song Jia ran full speed ahead, knowing that for them launch a successful surprise attack on the Xu Wang Fu, they must have incapacitated Zhao Cheng's shadow guards. The only thing that she could do now was to call out for help to the imperial guards waiting for her in the zhengfang. The sooner she could get back there, the sooner she and Bai Mei Lien would be safe.

It was a very good plan.

But Song Jia greatly underestimated the martial arts skills of these shadow guards. They were trained at a young age and practiced their skills to a high level, with willingness to throw away their lives for the sake of their masters. Even with the 23rd century's gadgets at her disposal, she could still not compare.

Song Jia felt a hard object hit the back of her neck, and her vision went black.

She fainted.

...

A hard jolt to her head woke up Song Jia.

She gave out a muffled groan, slowly opening her eyes and looking around. All she could see was the ground rushing past beneath her, and the moving legs of a horse. She then realized that she was currently lying down like a sack of rice on the back of a horse, her wrists tied behind her back.

No wonder her body felt so uncomfortable!

"You woke up?"

Song Jia's surroundings shifted, and the world finally flipped to its correct position. She found out that the horse she had been made to sit on was at the center of a defense formation, with shadow guards on horseback surrounding them. There was a carriage not far from them, and Song Jia deduced that Bai Mei Lien must be inside it.

Such a difference between a valuable hostage and a worthless one, ah.

"If you're trying to think of a way to escape, don't bother. Although you're an unfavored wang fei, benwang could still use you as leverage against Prime Minister Li."

Her chin was grabbed, forcing Song Jia to look at the man behind her.

She blinked.

As expected, it was that degenerate first prince who was behind this despicable plan. His features were sallow, his eyes slightly tinted with yellow. She lightly shuddered. Merrymaking with brothel girls day and night, who knows what type of illnesses he managed to pick up. Thankfully, there was now cure for AIDS and Hepatitis B, and she brought some medicines with her from the 23rd century.

"Ahhh, I'm so scared~"

Imitating the typical reaction of a sheltered girl from the boudoir, Song Jia shrank inside his arms as her shoulders trembled with fear.

"If you behave well, then benwang won't treat you with discourtesy. Such a virtuous Xu Qin Wang Fei, benwang feels it would be a shame if you were to be unnecessarily killed."

He leered at her.

Hiding her disgust, Song Jia asked in a tremulous voice, "Where are you taking us?"

Even as she tried to buy more time, Song Jia felt that it wouldn't be easy to get out of the situation that she was in. If it was only her, it would be a piece of cake. If it was only her and Bai Mei Lien, it would be difficult, but not impossible. But she couldn't deny the reality that it was her, Bai Mei Lien, and the now important dragon heir inside her stomach...

Because of Zhao Cheng's enthronement, Bai Mei Lien's child was not only the heir of an imperial prince, but the heir of the Emperor!

No matter what, Song Jia was determined to help Bai Mei Lien escape safely from here and return back to Zhao Cheng's arms.

The first prince sneered at her question. "Why do you need to know? You'll see it for yourself soon enough."

It was not even a quarter of shi chen later that Song Jia confirmed he was telling her the truth. They stopped the horses at a cliff edge of a dense forest, and brought out Bai Mei Lien from her carriage. She was already awake, her red-rimmed eyes filled with fear. Her hands were tied behind her back, and her feet were bound. She did not know how everything changed so fast, clearly she was just in her bedroom a few moments ago.

She spotted Song Jia, and subconsciously cried out, "Wang fei..."

Song Jia saw how terrified she was of death and inwardly nodded, it seemed that her previous guess was correct. Bai Mei Lien wasn't really planning to commit suicide, it was only a ploy to grab Zhao Cheng's attention and make him focus on her. Song Jia didn't think it was despicable, after all, an ancient woman's mind and a modern woman's mind were wired differently.

"Sister Bai."

They also brought her next to Bai Mei Lien, and the two of them stood side by side with swords held at their throats. Song Jia peeked behind her and gulped. If she slipped, it would be a really long fall. Anti-gravity boots or not, she would not be able to survive, ah!

She focused back on the first prince who seemed satisfied with their predicament. For the wangfu to be infiltrated easily, it seemed that there was a spy in Zhao Cheng's faction. Her gaze swept past the guards and paused on a slightly familiar person.

Eh...

Song Jia chuckled, her voice dry.

"Sister Bai, for you to pick another bad servant, it seems that you're really unlucky."