100 Foster Son, Don't Be So Crazy (37)

Princess Bai Xue stood from her chair and walked towards Xiang Feng, her crimson dress a bright flame in the dim light. Along with the ebony black hair cascading over her shoulder, she looked especially bewitching.

"Feng'er, we've spent more years together than you've spent with that woman, isn't that so? How could you choose her over me?"

There was a layer of water that coated her eyes, and she softly pressed a hand against his hard chest. Xiang Feng did not move and simply looked at her.

Princess Bai Xue pursed her red lips. Her dark eyes stared up at him, her head tilted sideways.

Xiang Feng suddenly had a flash of dèjà vu, and the crown princess' face overlapped with someone else's. At that time, she was also looking at him, with the same seductive appearance.

She was calling him with a coquettish voice, "Prince husband, I love you~" [1]

If Song Jia could read his mind, she would definitely deny with anger, such a thing had never happened during her first transmigration. Coquettish voice, your sister! This man was definitely delusional, making memories on his own. Don't drag this grandma into your perverted fantasies!

Princess Bai Xue's heart shook with excitement when she saw that he didn't push her away. Moving her body even closer, she let her hand travel across his chest, until it gradually slid down, passing through his abdomen. Just as she was about to let things continue into another direction, a hand captured her wrist, his inhuman strength unrestrained.

Princess Bai Xue pulled her hand away with a pained cry, and this time her eyes were filled with genuine tears.

"You hurt me!" she accused, rubbing her thumb across the purple bruises on her skin. He nearly broke her wrist.

"Xue, do you know the reason why I didn't search for her even when I wanted to?"

His voice was low, a silky caress across her skin. But Princess Bai Xue could not ignore the hidden danger in it, like a poisonous snake waiting for the right moment to strike.

"When I first met you, I was struck by how similar you appeared to the woman in my dream. That's why I didn't raise my guard against you."

He had been plagued by the same dream ever since he was a child, of a woman he didn't know constantly taking care of him, looking at him with mischievous eyes, and telling him stories. Even when his sleep was tainted by nightmares related to his scar, she was always there, making him excited to go to sleep, just to see her. He could ignore all the other nightmares if she kept appearing in his dreams.

Maybe if he hadn't met Song Jia, he would have given his heart wholly to her, and love a woman who did not exist in his reality. Even if she was only a mere illusion, that woman made him feel as if she was a part of his soul, as if his very being longed to be by her side.

However, when Song Jia appeared, her entire existence was like sunlight, and banished everything else except her.

He could no longer see anything else except her.

"Because I didn't raise my guard, you trapped me inside this castle, muddled my head, and kept me weak. By the time I recovered, she had already left the capital. When I wanted to search for her, you told me that you knew about the woman in my dreams."

He stepped forward until he towered over her, with only an inch of air separating their bodies. Princess Bai Xue shuddered, feeling both fear and excitement. Her eyes nearly overflowed with her feelings.

"Your words made me hesitate. Maybe, I didn't even want to escape from the castle because you looked so similar to her. Or maybe, I hoped that the next time you approached me, you will turn into her. Like this, maybe if I stayed by your side for a little while longer, I would finally meet her in reality."

For a fleeting moment that was almost too quick to be seen, his dark eyes became tender, and Princess Bai Xue's knees went soft. She almost deluded herself that she truly became the woman in his dream, so that he could look at her with the same tender expression for a lifetime.

"But it didn't take long for my thoughts to return to Jia."

Jia. It was the first time he mentioned the name of that foreign-looking woman, and it snapped Princess Bai Xue out of her daze. The way he said her name, with a chilling fanaticism, made her blood turn cold.

"For the first few months, I didn't go and search for Jia because I didn't want to face her with a wavering heart. I knew she felt nothing for me, so if I wanted to win her heart, I shouldn't be distracted by the thoughts of another woman, even if she was only an illusion inside my head."

The corners of his mouth hooked up, but his dark eyes were so deep that it was impossible to see the bottom.

"Xue, I really did think that there might be a small chance you were the woman from my dream. Desperate hope to see her, mixed with my delusion, made me stay by your side. But what really kept me here for eight years...heh, it was actually because you were slowly eroding my memories by the potions that you were giving me."

Princess Bai Xue froze, and Xiang Feng took in her guilt-stricken expression.

It seemed that his guess was correct.

The more frequent he saw that woman in his dreams, the blurrier his memories of Song Jia became. The intensity of his feelings were too strong that it didn't erase Song Jia and his love for her, but it gradually became more restrained.

If he had not taken the potion, he wouldn't be able to stop himself from seeking her. But because of Princess Bai Xue's potions, he actually managed to endure.

Perhaps, that was how a normal love was supposed to be. Missing her, yet not going to her side, a normal love should be this restrained and sensible.

His hand reached out and gripped her chin. Princess Bai Xue was forced to look up at him.

"I know Jia well. Even if I had been missing, she wouldn't leave the capital until she found me. Faking my death and making Jia believe that I was dead, what do you think I should do if she truly forgot my existence?"

Princess Bai Xue couldn't answer, mostly because the hand that was gripping her chin had moved to her neck. She struggled, trying to break free, the blood draining from her face.

"Feng..." she choked out, about to suffocate.

Even though she was a witch, her powers lay in brewing potions. Her physical defense was actually weak. That was why, in her past life, Xiang Feng had been her sword and her shield. Even before her enemies had a chance to attack her, he killed them.

She didn't think Xiang Feng would turn against her, that was why she confidently let her shadow guards leave the two of them alone.

Xiang Feng tightened his hold, and dropped his mouth close to her ear.

"Xue," he murmured, his warm breath fanning her neck. "If Jia forgot me, I would really go crazy. If she gave her heart to another man during those eight years that I was gone...I can't bear to hurt her, but what about you?"

He didn't care if Song Jia was married, had children, or created a new family. But that didn't mean that he wasn't jealous to the point of grinding his teeth. He wanted to swallow Song Jia whole, blood and flesh, just so that she could stay with him forever. But he knew that this wasn't possible.

He couldn't bear to hurt even a single strand of her hair, how could he devour her? But that didn't mean he couldn't make other people suffer so that he could vent out his anger, did it?

Hehe, so sorry, but now that he met Song Jia again, even if he drank several potions from the most powerful witch, his love quickly went back to being abnormal.

[1] 王爷 – "wang ye" = prince/master; I added the 'husband' for distinction.