179 The Jilted Second Young Master (52)

After Song Jia told Lin Yitian about her illness, in just the span of a few days, Song Jia's condition became much worse.

The ALS specialist that Lin Yitian requested from abroad had already arrived, and he was staying in the mansion, monitoring Song Jia day in and day out. Song Jia could no longer move her arms as well, and her speech was starting to slur. She suffered from respiratory attacks often, which gave her no choice but to draw oxygen from a ventilator.

When the ALS specialist saw the pain in her eyes and knew that her paralyzed condition must be torturing her, he took the initiative to mention another option to Lin Yitian and Song Jia. It was a newly legal way for an ALS patient to pick the time and place of their death. After all, the disease was incurable. Why suffer in pain?

Under a law passed back a few years ago, a terminally ill patient could obtain a prescription for a cocktail of drugs that would put them to sleep, drop them into a coma, and, within an hour, stop their heart and breathing. For both the suffering patient and their loves ones, this would offer them an easy way out.

But Lin Yitian had only heard the beginning of his speech when he completely lashed out, leaving the ALS specialist running with his tail tucked between his legs. Lin Yitian didn't dare to lay his hands on him, as he still needed him to take care of Song Jia. But for the countless time that stormy week, the furniture inside the mansion had been smashed into pieces.

Wang Han and the maids were desperate for Song Jia to recover, as the second young master seemed more and more on the verge of losing his mind. Lin Yitian's appearance was like a dead person, his skin having the ash undertone of fatigue, with heavy dark hollows under his eyes.

The smile and the laughter they had heard from the past year seemed to be only their wishful thinking, disappearing along with Miss Su's health.

Lin Yitian had completely not slept for the past few days. Because he knew he didn't have enough time to learn the medical knowledge that could help Song Jia, he focused all of his attention on raising money instead. This way, bring more specialists to take care of her, study her, and research her condition.

The Lin company was also beginning to fall, as Lin Shenglan's affair was just the start of its gradual demise. Because Lin Yitian cut off his ties with his family, he had also left the company. And without him, the Lin company was basically just a paper tiger, unable to float on the rising waves generated by the competitive market. And also because of the many companies Lin Yitian developed, the technology became more advanced, until finally the Lin company was unable to hang on and had to file for bankruptcy.

But Lin Yitian was completely unaware of his family's misfortune, as his attention was completely focused on two things: taking care of Song Jia and raising money for her treatment.

"Jia."

After dealing with business, Lin Yitian entered their bedroom, which had transformed into a high-end medical ward. The equipment inside was even better than the city's best hospital VIP private room. Song Jia's treatment caused Lin Yitian's money to flow like water on a strainer, draining as fast as he could earn it.

However, Lin Yitian completely didn't mind this. If he became a poor man but had Song Jia by his side, this was a fortune that couldn't be named by any price.

Song Jia's long eyelashes trembled when she heard his voice, and she slowly raised her eyes to look at him. There were several tubes hooked to her body, making her look a bit scary. But Lin Yitian's gaze always seemed to be unchanging, as if he couldn't see her withered state. Song Jia could no longer breathe or eat on her own. Not to mention losing the ability to control her bladder and bowel, she was like a corpse that could only be fed with drugs and IV fluids.

All of Lin Yitian's free time was spent on her side, dismissing the nurses and the doctors that were always busy inside the room. Although he didn't learn intensive medical knowledge, he still knew a few basic things. He was also Song Jia's personal caregiver.

Being like this, it was not that Song Jia didn't have any thoughts about ending her life and finishing her mission early. She was an independent woman, and the way she was now had given several blows to her pride. But looking at Lin Yitian's appearance that didn't seem to be any better than her, Song Jia decided not to voice out these thoughts in her heart.

"Jia, you should recover properly and stand up again. Don't you know that your future husband is now the CEO of several successful companies? Those books I've read, the love interest only have one successful company and the woman is very much in love with them. But you, you have me as your lifelong partner, but all you do is lie on the bed all day long. Aren't you ashamed?"

Song Jia, "..."

Lin Yitian continued, still sounding aggrieved, "Jia, the days are boring without you, and you didn't even give me a little daughter to play with. I work hard everyday, I don't even get a reward, the moment you're cured, I will definitely punish you on the bed. We didn't even get married yet, but I'm already treating you like a little ancestor! Thinking about it like this, I'm so good, you definitely have to be strong and wait for the doctors to give you a cure. That way, you can reward me a little."

When Lin Yitian said this, he could not hold back the tears from flowing out of his eyes.

Lin Yitian sniffed, and he hurriedly wiped away the traces of his sadness. His Jia was already suffering from pain, and his tears would only cause her to suffer even more. He quickly searched his mind for happier topics, covering his red eyes with his hand and taking out the camera he brought.

"Jia, did you remember that old man filming us during my birthday? Let's watch it together, and make even happier memories in the future."