148 The Jilted Second Young Master (21)

Song Jia could no longer lie to herself.

These random objects weren't historical artifacts, they were stuff that were used and thrown by this grandma!

She stared speechlessly at the collection display in front of her, before glancing back at the collector who was still busy typing on his keyboard. As if he could feel the weight of her stare, Lin Yitian looked up.

"Jia?" He frowned. "Why are you so far away?"

No wonder he could no longer concentrate, it was because she had been standing at the farthest corner of the room. Lin Yitian abandoned his work and walked towards her, needing to pull her inside his arms.

Song Jia avoided his touch and pointed at the display case.

"Yitian, what's this?" she asked him.

His hands still hanging in mid-air, Lin Yitian spared a quick glance towards the direction she was pointing at. Seeing it, his lips had a slight upward tilt.

"That? It's the mementos of our relationship. Does Jia like it?"

Mementos...? Song Jia was confused. She didn't dare to tell him about her real thoughts, so she could only try to understand his opinion.

"Mementos? Yitian, in what way are they mementos of our relationship?"

Lin Yitian held her hand, and this time, Song Jia didn't avoid his touch.

One by one, Lin Yitian patiently explained to her why these random objects were important to him.

"That white shirt was what I was wearing when Jia first put her mark on me, the paddle brush was the comb Jia used when she first stayed with me, the orange was the first fruit Jia peeled for me...."

The longer Song Jia listened to him, the more dumbfounded she became.

"That pair of chopsticks was where Jia and I had our first indirect kiss, that hair tie was what Jia used when she first visited me, that was the first pair of shoes that Jia had given me..." 

"Yitian," Song Jia interrupted him, "I didn't give you those shoes, I only passed them over to you."

Those were the shoes she had kicked under the bed while he was sleeping, ah.

Lin Yitian generously waved a hand, "I know, that's why next time, Jia had to buy me a pair of shoes."

He gave her a doting look. "You like me so much, but why are you so stingy?" He patted her head. "Can't be helped, my mother told me your family had no money. Use my money then. I'll give it all to you."

He gave her a strict look. "But buy me a pair of shoes!"

Song Jia, "..."

Buy him a pair of shoes and then what? Those pair of shoes will only be displayed in this glass case as a 'memento' of their relationship.

"Yitian, I'll buy you a pair of shoes, so stop collecting these kind of things. You even picked my empty bath wash from the trash!"

Lin Yitian frowned at her. "Jia, that isn't trash, that's the first liquid soap you and I used together!"

"Yes, but still..." Song Jia held her aching forehead, unable to explain it to him.

Other lovers keep a memento of their first date, first anniversary, and first birthday gift from their loved one. But Lin Yitian practically collected everything that she had merely touched. No matter how you look at it, this was too abnormal.

Imagining the wealthy second young master of the Lins crouching down wearing an expensive bathrobe while picking at her trash, Song Jia could barely repress her urge to kneel down and admit her wrongs.

Wuwu, this grandma is sorry, ah~ I should have burned my trash before this young master got tempted by it!

"Alright, let's not talk about this anymore," Song Jia said, directly giving up. "I'll give you more things in the future, you can just replace it then."

Seeing that he still wanted to protest, Song Jia just directly dragged him back to his work table.

"Don't you still have work to do? Hurry up and do it, I'll stay here with you."

Song Jia accompanied Lin Yitian while working until twelve-thirty, their set schedule for lunch. She happily put down the book that made her eyes glaze over and went out of the study.

Lin Yitian pulled her back and interlaced her fingers with his. Walking side by side, they went down the stairs together.

"Qiqi!"

Just before they could go to the dining room, they heard Rong Jingfei's voice. She had just entered the main door, accompanied by Wang Han.

Rong Jingfei walked over to hug Song Jia. Her arms were still not raised completely when Lin Yitian stepped in front of her, his gaze particularly fierce.

Rong Jingfei was startled. "B-Brother-in-law?"

Song Jia looked at Lin Yitian's tall back that overshadowed her.

"Yitian?"

Lin Yitian gazed down at Rong Jingfei, his expression full of arrogance.

"She likes me."

Rong Jingfei, "..."

Why did she feel like a little three [1] that had been suddenly discovered by her lover's husband?

Rong Jingfei forced her lips to curl up and quickly agreed, "Of course, of course, brother-in-law, Qiqi likes you the most."

Looking at Lin Yitian's increasingly smug face, not only Rong Jingfei, but Song Jia also thought that it looked extremely displeasing to the eye.

Lin Yitian nodded his head, "It's good that you know."

Rong Jingfei thought the matter was over, and stepped forward towards Song Jia again. Who knew that Lin Yitian's expression would turn even more terrible than before.

"She likes me!" he insisted.

Song Jia quickly realized that something was wrong with him. She asked, "Yitian, why are you preventing Sister Rong from getting close to me?"

Did he read something weird on Baidu again?

Reality proved that Song Jia's instincts were right. Lin Yitian looked at her as if he was imparting an important piece of knowledge.

"Women could actually have a romantic relationship with each other!"

Song Jia, "..."

So he finally discovered the existence of girl love?

Hearing Lin Yitian's direct answer, Rong Jin flushed. "Brother-in-law, I'm straight!"

Lin Yitian wasn't reassured. Jia was too good, any person could like her and take her away from him. He tightened his hold on her hand.

Song Jia felt that she had finally seen everything. Other men could only drink vinegar from other men, but the one in front of her also drank vinegar from women.

Do you like drinking vinegar that much?

Song Jia said, "Yitian, I'm also straight. You don't have to worry, Sister Rong and I are just friends."

Song Jia invited Rong Jingfei to eat lunch with them, ignoring Lin Yitian's increasingly black face. Song Jia and Lin Yitian sat side by side while Rong Jingfei sat across them.

"Sister Rong, where's brother-in-law?" Song Jia asked, as Lin Yitian attentively put vegetables on her plate.

It was usually Lin Shenglan who came here without Rong Jingfei, not the other way around.

"He went on a business trip. I had nothing to do and I was lonely at home, so I came here to visit you."

[1] Third party in a relationship