106 Foster Son, Don't Be So Crazy (43)

Song Jia bolted upright in a sitting position, looking wide-eyed at Xiang Feng. She stared at him with a complex expression.

"Jia?" Confused, Xiang Feng also sat up and looked at her.

Song Jia could almost hear her heart pounding inside her chest. She had clearly saw his corpse, so it should be impossible, but why...

This man...was her Xiao Feng?

"You..." Song Jia wanted to ask, but at the same time, she was also afraid to ask.

This budding hope growing inside her heart, she did not want to dash it. What if her speculations were completely wrong? If the original Hunter had died, it was also possible that Princess Bai Xue simply replaced Xiang Feng with this perverted man. Song Jia did not have a hundred percent certainty that her instincts were right, and she did not want that small margin of error to make her heart grieve all over again.

She fell silent, having completely lost her courage.

"It doesn't matter."

She laid back down.

Xiang Feng looked at her from above, his dark eyes unfathomable. For a second, he thought that she discovered his identity. The anxious heart inside his chest gradually relaxed. He was still not prepared to introduce himself to her. Xiang Feng leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss on her lips.

"Goodnight, Jia."

Song Jia's eyelashes trembled. She looked away, not meeting his eyes.

"Goodnight," she whispered.

Xiang Feng pulled her into his arms as he laid back down, resuming their previous position. Song Jia wriggled slightly, uncomfortable.

"Can't we just sleep normally? I'm a woman, and you're a man. This isn't appropriate."

"You're right. I'm an adult man. You're an adult woman." She could hear a smile in his voice. "Does Jia feel self-conscious around me?"

"...I don't know how to answer that."

Song Jia could feel his laughter vibrate through his chest. "Your small pause answers my question though?"

He buried his face into her neck again.

"As expected, Jia is very cute. En, very, very cute, ah."

Song Jia, "..."

That line felt eerily familiar.

It took a long time for Song Jia to fall asleep. When she woke up in the middle of the night for her usual glass of water, she saw that they hadn't changed their position even the slightest bit. She tried to extricate the arm wrapped around her waist, but his grip was too tight. She struggled a couple of times before finally giving up.

"Hey, let me go," she whispered.

His hold only tightened around her.

"Let me go, I need to drink water."

The arm around her waist slightly loosened.