196 Vixen Above, Mensao Below (10)

He had already known what those pair of mother and daughter were like, which was why he had planned to kick Ye Jia out of the Ye family right from the start. Besides, ignoring her illegitimate status, she was actually...

"Did the two of you fight again?"

Gu Yuan's voice interrupted Ye Minzhe's train of thoughts. He had been watching him pace back and forth across the room.

"Siblings should take care of each other more..."

"Not listening."

Ye Minzhe went back to the bed and grabbed a pair of headphones from the bedside table, sticking it on his head. He grabbed a pillow and hugged it as he stared at the closed bathroom door.

Gu Yuan sighed. He should have known better than to lecture this little tyrant.

Song Jia didn't take long in the shower. Soon after, she came out of the bathroom barefooted, a towel wrapped around her hair. She saw Ye Minzhe's lazy figure on the bed, with a magazine on his lap. Gu Yuan was rummaging around, trying to search for weapons they could use.

"You're done?" Because he was paying close attention, Ye Minzhe immediately heard the noise of the door being opened and looked up. "Did you get your bandage wet?"

Since she had a mix of Oriental and Western blood, Ye Jia wasn't as tall as Western women. She was petite, and when standing side by side with the exceptionally tall Ye Minzhe, her head could barely reach his shoulders. The yellow sweater she wore easily swallowed her whole, with the tips of her fingers barely peeking out from the cuffs.

Song Jia nodded her head. "I'm done."

Ye Minzhe removed his headphones and slowly walked over to her. "Ye Jia."

"Hm?" Song Jia was busy unwrapping the towel on her head and drying her hair with it.

Ye Minzhe easily picked her up by the armpits and raised her high in the air. Song Jia let out a small yelp and kicked her legs.

"Ye Minzhe, let me down!"

He laughed. "Aiya, why do you look like a little shrimp? Ye Jia, your name should be changed to BeiBei." [1]

Song Jia stretched out a hand and yanked on his hair. "Ye Minzhe, let me down or I'll make you go bald!"

"Ow, alright, alright..."

It was only when her feet had safely returned to the ground did Song Jia retract her claws.

Ye Minzhe picked some clothes for himself and went into the bathroom, rubbing his aching scalp. Song Jia glared at him as he passed. He stuck his tongue out at her.

"Teacher Gu, have you found anything we can use?" Song Jia crouched beside Gu Yuan and watched as he opened up a luggage.

Gu Yuan shook his head. "I found a Swiss army knife, but it won't be of any use to us unless we get too close to them. If we do that, there's a strong possibility we'll get bitten before then."

"Hmm." Song Jia pursed her lips. She went towards the closet and saw that it indeed used a wooden rod to hang the clothes. She easily removed it and swung it in her hands like a baton.

"Teacher Gu, how about this? We can use the middle section for blocking and both of the ends can be used for striking. I think this is a good enough quarterstaff."

Moreover, it was a melee weapon. It didn't need any training to use.

Gu Yuan gave her an admiring look.

"Make-shift weapons. Why didn't I think of that?"

"It's because you aren't a Ye."

Ye Minzhe leaned on the bathroom doorway, wearing a yellow shirt and a pair of denim jeans. Because his hair was wet, his curls disappeared and became straight. He tossed a bunch of things on the floor.