171 The Jilted Second Young Master (44)

Song Jia wasn't aware of Lin Yitian's thoughts at all. She was still persuading him, making him also have feelings of affection for Wang Han.

"Yitian, Wang Han is actually very good to you."

Her host this time was afflicted by a fatal disease that would cause her to die in a few months. On the books about grief that she had read before her transmigration, it stated that for a mourning person to move on and find happiness once again, during their loss, they must have people supporting them by their side.

Song Jia was afraid that Lin Yitian's codependency on her would narrow his world view. After all, if he treats her as his whole world, once she was gone, wouldn't his world be completely destroyed?

That's why, she decided on the spot to expand the people he allowed to get inside his little world. Slowly, she would make her existence just one of the many people he loved and cared for, so that even if she was gone, his world wouldn't collapse as there were still other people he loved inside it.

Just like a garden, if your poured all your care for a single flower and it suddenly died, you would certainly feel heartache. But if your garden was filled with other flowers, even if one withered, you would be comforted by the fact that there were still other flowers left by your side.

A person normally had other important people in their circle, like friends, families, and loved ones. Song Jia felt that this was the reason why she failed with Xiang Feng. She was the only one he depended on, so when she was gone, he became crazy.

As for Zhao Cheng...Song Jia considerately left him his white moonlight and his heir, but he still disregarded all of her efforts. That man was just scum.

"Also, Yitian...how about we go to a computer expo? We could find people who share your passion for computers and maybe I'll learn something too."

Song Jia pursed her lips after she said this. His family members were too unreliable, and unlike Wang Han, the rest of the maids and servants in the mansion just cared about their salary. Lin Yitian didn't have any friends either, and he had no other relatives that were close to him. Song Jia's heart ached thinking about this.

Lin Yitian was actually a very lonely person.

Like a stray dog, barking fiercely when people came near, but actually licking his wounds in a place where people can't see. And the moment you pat his head, he was actually a big dog with a soft heart, all bark and no bite, wagging his tail the moment you showed him a bit of kindness.

Song Jia felt teary, and she couldn't help but say, "Yitian, don't worry ah, I'll give you a home, in the future, you won't be homeless anymore."

Lin Yitian, "..."

Who did you say was homeless?

But he disregarded all of this and leaned forward to anxiously wipe Song Jia's tears. "Jia, Jia...don't cry..."

He didn't know why she was saying these confusing words to him, and he didn't understand why she suddenly felt the need to make him socialize with other unrelated people. But if that was what she wanted, then Lin Yitian would willingly indulge her.

As for that old man...heh, making Song Jia value him so greatly, it seemed that his butler was too capable. He actually became Old Wang next door [1].

Song Jia didn't know that her carefully phrased chicken soup for Lin Yitian was ignored.

All he focused on was that this chicken soup...seemed to be mixed with vinegar.

It was unknown whether after Song Jia learned about this, her chicken soup would also have the bitterness of her tears, ah.

...

A sudden storm hit the city, pouring endless rain and creating big puddles all over the streets. The sky was overcast, the clouds were thick, and terrifying claps of thunder startled the nesting birds in the trees.

A violent tropical typhoon had hit the country, causing millions of residents to evacuate the coast. Deaths caused by landslides were often reported in the news, along with the cancellation of hundreds of flights in many countries.

Wang Han let the curtain fall back into place with a sigh. The torrential rain had no intention of weakening. The typhoon had also caused the specialist they had hired from abroad to get a delayed flight, even when they sent over a private plane to personally bring him over.

The second young master's mood had turned bad because of this, but fortunately, Miss Su was there to coax him. Wang Han felt that the second young master had gotten hard to please these past few days. Every time the second young master saw him, he would aggressively ask something along these lines.

"Between the two of us, who is more handsome?"

Wang Han would then deferentially bow his head, "Of course, it's second young master."

"Between the two of us, who is richer?"

"Of course, it's second young master."

"And between the two of us, who does Jia like the most?"

Wang Han felt strange and confused, but he still obediently replied, "Of course, it's second young master."

"That's right, you have white hair, wrinkles, and about to go bald. Sooner or later, your teeth will also fall off. Which part of you looks good?"

Wang Han, "..."

This was directly cursing him to become an ugly ghost. He was only in his late thirties, ah!

Wang Han's inner contemplation was shattered when he heard a loud sound coming from the kitchen. He hurriedly went in, and saw Miss Su sitting on the ground, beside a chair that had toppled over. Her dazed eyes were staring at her legs.

"Miss Su!"

Wang Han hurriedly helped her stand up. Lin Yitian had gone out into the garden to pick flowers for Song Jia, and this was one of the rare times he didn't want her to go with him as it was heavily raining. He didn't want her to catch a cold.

"Miss Su, are you alright?"

Wang Han's alarmed shout brought Song Jia back to her senses. Her shocked expression melted away and she smiled gently at Wang Han.

"Sorry, I lost my balance." Her hand tightly gripped the back of the chair and sat down.

They heard the sound of the front door opening, and Wang Han immediately stood far away from Song Jia. Last time he had gotten a bit close to Miss Su, Lin Yitian had requested to eat beef stew for lunch.

When Song Jia asked him why he had a sudden craving for the dish, Lin Yitian calmly said, "Old cows eating tender grass, don't you think they taste good?" [2]

'Old cow' Wang Han immediately shook in his shoes.

Lin Yitian closed the front door and went into the kitchen, carrying a bunch of freshly cut tulips on one hand. He had on a long transparent raincoat with a navy blue scarf; his boots were still wet, trailing mud all over the floor. His dark hair was a tangled mess. Lin Yitian didn't care at all, he was more eager to present his gift to Song Jia.

[1] Mr. Wang who lives next door. Ch. internet slang term that meant: 1) The secret lover of one's wife. 2) Someone else's husband whom a woman often deems better than her own.

[2] Old cow eating tender grass: Ch. idiom for a romantic relationship between an older male and a younger female.