129 The Jilted Second Young Master (2)

Song Jia closed the car door without bothering to respond to Su Qi.

It was fall in the city now, with leaves crunching underfoot like chow mein noodles. Song Jia walked down the sidewalk, wearing an oversized trench coat and comfortable jeans. Her hair  was tied up into a high ponytail. It swung playfully behind her head as she advanced towards the large gate of the mansion.

Since her visit had been expected, the large gate automatically slid open. Song Jia smiled and waved her hand at the surveillance camera above her head.

Lin Yitian's butler, Wang Han, went forward to meet her. He was a middle-aged man who wore formal suit and a pair of shiny, black pointed shoes. He even bowed formally to her.

"Miss Su, my name is Wang Han, the second young master's butler. We are still preparing for the family dinner later. Please come this way."

The reason Su Qi came today out of all days to meet Lin Yitian was because Madam Lin, Lin Yitian's mother, had invited her to eat with their family. Madam Lin was close to Mrs. Su, and it was also Madam Lin that suggested the engagement. Madam Lin knew Mrs. Su had two daughters, with one of them having been sick with a paralyzing disease. She thought well of Mrs. Su so she didn't hesitate to engage her youngest son to Mrs. Su's only healthy daughter.

Even if Lin Yitian was a bit sick, he was still a wealthy young master from the Li family. Madam Lin knew that none of the wealthy young misses in the capital would want to marry him because of his disability, so a nice young daughter of a close friend was already good. At least this way, Lin Yitian would always be taken care of.

Wang Han led her to the main doors. Before it could fully open, his face suddenly paled and he hurriedly rushed in, shouting, "Second young master!"

Song Jia came in after him, and in reflex, ducked her head.

The finely crafted porcelain vase shattered into a hundred fragments. It was thrown against the part of the wall that was just five inches above her head. The jagged pieces fell all over Song Jia's trench coat, and she calmly grabbed the hem with her hands and shook it all off.

The servants inside the household had no time to pay attention to her. They were all trying to hold back a tall figure who had climbed on top of the oak table and was trying to grab his next projectile.

Wang Han shouted in panic, "Second young master, what's wrong? Please come down from there or you'll hurt yourself!"

Lin Yitian couldn't hear him. He was screaming and shouting, a nonsensical jumble of words that couldn't be understood by anyone. His handsome face was twisted with fear and frustration, seemingly locked in his own world.

One of the maids near Song Jia didn't notice her presence and was sighing with tiredness, "He's at it again."

Wang Han successfully took away all the furniture out of Lin Yitian's reach. But Lin Yitian still stood there, shouting and yelling, his limbs flailing about.

Another maid had heard the comment and half-heartedly nodded her head. "If the pay wasn't so good, I would have resigned. I wish he would give it a rest. He's always screaming like a crazy person."

The maid tapped her forehead. "Well, he's a bit messed up here."

"If the two of you don't speak, no one would think you're mute," a cold voice interrupted, startling the two maids.

They were suddenly nudged aside as Song Jia strode out from the corner where she was standing and walked over to where Lin Yitian was.

Wang Han was surprised. "Miss Su?!"

Song Jia ignored him. She slapped a hand on the oak table and lifted herself up. Lin Yitian was facing the other way, and he didn't see her. One of his flailing arms accidentally hit her stomach.

Song Jia said, "Hn," and doubled up. He had not restrained his strength at all, and it was a bit painful.

Hearing the sound, Lin Yitian seemed to have registered the presence of another person and turned around. His expression looked a bit stupid, but before he could react, Song Jia hit his acupuncture point.

Lin Yitian only saw a pair of eyes, clear and pure like spring water, staring back at him.

And then he passed out.

...

"Second young master!"

"Young master!"

As Lin Yitian slumped inside Song Jia's arms, Wang Han and the rest of the maids cried out in alarm.

Song Jia said, "I only knocked him out, quickly put him to bed and wait for him to wake up."

Wang Han nodded, and ordered a few of the guards to carry Lin Yitian back to his room. Song Jia jumped down from the table and faced the old butler.

"What triggered him?" she asked.

Autistic people suffered constantly from anxiety and discomfort, panicking at any change in routine and giving way to frightful outbursts of temper. They needed a great deal of care but gave little in return. Seeing that Lin Yitian lived alone, Song Jia had trouble believing that he moved out of his family home by his decision alone.

Both Mr. and Mrs. Lin allowed Lin Yitian to be in the care of maids and servants rather than his own family. It could be seen at once where they stood, in terms of Lin Yitian's disability. They wouldn't go so far as to abandon their own flesh and blood, but they wouldn't trouble themselves over it either. That was why the maids here could talk badly of him without fear of being fired.

"Miss Su, that..." Wang Han hesitated. But he finally decided to tell her. She was the future wife of the second young master, after all. "As you know, there will be a family dinner later on. The old master and madam visits second young master so rarely that second young master gets excited whenever they stop by. Second young master wanted to make the house beautiful for them, and cleaned every furniture himself. Second young master is very detailed about these things, nobody should move anything that he already arranged by himself, or he would get into a tantrum. Accidentally..."

Wang Han out on a troubled look, "One of the maids tripped and hastily moved one of the furniture to keep her balance. We didn't notice it in time, and second young master saw. He couldn't accept that the house became less than perfect and threw a tantrum. Miss Su, I'm really sorry that you had to see that. It was our carelessness that made second young master angry, so please don't blame second young master."