63 Transition (3)

"How did he die? Did the people rebel against him?"

No matter how much she thought about it, Song Jia still couldn't deduce the reason for Zhao Cheng's death. When he was crowned as the Emperor, all of the people there had been happy about it. Bai Mei Lien was also safe, and their child had not been killed by Li Jia and was still alive. There didn't seem to be any reason for him to die.

Nova's lips curved upwards. He leaned back on his chair and remarked, "He was in love with you. You didn't know?"

After the transmigrator returned, Nova would review their memories in the soul transfer pod.

He was feeling amused that an AI like him could easily see it, but a human like her couldn't. As expected, he was a far superior intelligent being.

"...ah?" Song Jia's eyes widened.

Did she hear him right? Zhao Cheng was in love with her?

"He..." Nova pointed at Zhao Cheng's dead body.

"...was in love..."

He cupped his fingers into a heart.

"...with you."

He pointed at her.

"Stupid 886," he added disdainfully.

"..."

Song Jia was speechless.

Sometimes, she wasn't really sure if her boss was a highly intelligent AI with his childish behavior.

"But how could that be? The one he loved was Bai Mei Lien!"

"He never loved her."

"He didn't tell me he loved me!"

"That's no excuse."

"But...!"

Realizing that nothing she said would change anything, she gave up.

"Haa..." Song Jia sighed. She pressed a hand against her forehead. "I should have known. I was getting confused with his body language and it seemed that my instincts were right. But he was always so attentive to Bai Mei Lien that I thought..."

Suddenly, she stopped and looked at him with wide eyes.

"Wait, doesn't this mean that I failed my mission? What about my salary? Will I still get my salary?"

Nova snorted.

"You still have the nerve to ask about your salary? You killed the original host, you indirectly killed the male savior, and you destroyed the world that you were supposed to save. You failed your mission in every which way. If I didn't punish you for it, then that would be more surprising. That is why..."

Nova slapped the table with his palm for a more dramatic flair.

"Transmigrator 886, I hereby punish you with no salary for six months!"

Song Jia's mouth hung open.

No salary...

For six months?!

Like she had been struck by lightning, Song Jia's expression froze. She stuck a finger into her ear, trying to clear it. It seemed that she was experiencing auditory hallucinations, ah...

"Don't try to escape from reality and live in denial. You heard me right. You will have no salary for six months!"

Nova repeated, in a much louder voice. He slapped the table again.

Song Jia had just been stabbed, and now Nova stabbed her again, to completely ensure her death. Song Jia's frozen expression began to crack.

"886, you better use this time wisely and reflect on your mistakes. Why your host died, why you didn't notice that the male savior was actually in love with you, and why the world you were supposed to save got destroyed. After six months, you can report for duty again and I'll give you a world that's more suited to your level. Also...hey, 886, are you listening to me? Oy!"

But Song Jia was already immersed in her own grief, wanting to cry but having no tears. Can somebody tell her why her ending became so tragic? She clearly gave this mission her best effort, ah!

Isn't this simply a case of repaying kindness with hostility?

Song Jia wanted to flip a table and grab a certain someone by the lapels of his robes and shake him.

If you actually loved me, then why didn't you say so? Making this grandma go through so much trouble! If you had told me that you loved me, I would have done everything to make sure that the two of us would end up living happily together!

Wu, wu, you didn't have to drag my precious salary into it, ah~

On one hand, Song Jia was full of grievances, while on the other hand, her boss completely ignored her tears and complaints.

Like this, in the blink of an eye, six months passed.

When her boss finally called her again for a transmigration mission, Song Jia solemnly made a vow.

To have done her best for a white-eyed wolf, this was her mistake.

This time, to make sure that her salary will not be harmed and deducted, she will definitely have to be more vigilant, and pay more attention to the male savior's heart.

If beauties are wanted, then all types of beauties will be sent, fat or thin, tall or short, white lotus or vixen, all will be sent into his arms without question.

No interest in female beauties? Then a different kind of beauty must be sent, a top and a bottom, the more of them the merrier!

But if the male savior happens to personally like this grandma?

Welp, nothing she could do. Song Jia judged herself to be a very practical person.

If he wants it so bad, let him ship himself with this grandma then~

In the end, Song Jia's three views in life became very flexible, bending like a wise bamboo tree in the face of the great wind of her dog fart salary. [1]

[1] Dog fart means 'shitty' or 'bullshit'.