Esteban Ocon

word count: 356

Today should have been a special for you and your family. It was the first dance recital and your fiancé Esteban had missed it. You had taken your daughter to the toy shop and the Burger King to praise her because she had done so well and while she had been looking for a toy to buy, you had called Esteban he could sleep elsewhere tonight because you didn't wanted to see him.

When your daughter Y/D/N was ready, you payed for the princess puppy, she had picked and walked back with her to the car. "Is daddy coming, mommy?" Your daughter asked. Turning to her, you sighed and shook your head "No baby. He had to work... Again. But he will be there tomorrow, okay?" You promised. She nodded and smiled "We're still going to the Burger King, right?" You started to laugh "Ofcourse, baby. You deserved it." Your daughter chuckled "Mommy? Can I sleep with you tonight? Then you won't be alone." You looked at her and smiled wide, feeling so proud of her, always wanting others to feel okay. "Yes sweety."

The next morning you had arranged that your mother could bring your daughter to school so you could wait for Esteban to arrive.

When he arrived, you were preparing lunch for when Y/D/N would return from school. Wanting to give you a kiss, Esteban greeted you with a smile "Hey you." He greeted. Turning around you started to mutter some things in Spanish, obviously mad. Esteban started to frown "What's wrong? What did I do?" He asked, which made you explode "What did YOU do? Oh let's see... You didn't told me where you were AND you missed our daughter's dance recital." You told him angry. He looked at you "I had to work. You know I try my best to give you both what you want most." He replied. "WHAT?! You know you can ask them for a day off. You HAD a day off. Where were you?" Grabbing a knife, you started to cut some carrots "At work." Esteban lied. "Liar. I called them. They told me you weren't there."