° forty-six °

Past.

Krist and singto was supposed to met each other that day. Just like that day, singto book an inn in a suburb of D village near the village where singto and krist both lived, that's the best they could did so,  as they could still see each other as frequently as they can.

They are still both busy with their respective duty in their own clan, krist was still helping Sam to stabilize their clan while singto was still busy managing the new clan that had formed around him. Unlike before he now had to be responsible for countless lives so, he can't be just idling around like before.

" good afternoon sir, do you like to book a room? " Krist entered the inn and was greeted by and old man with a mustache, he had a very polite manner. Krist glanced at the old man and shook his head a little." I'm here for my companion."

The inn keeper looked at him up and down, and him to think of something. He " ahh! Wait a minute sir. " he looked down on the guest list before getting a key on the key holder and handed it over to krist." it's room five, your companion is already in the room sir."

Singto already gave the inn keeper a head up, that a guy will come looking for his companion and that the inn keeper just had to gave the room number with the key.

When krist gone and already walking up the stairs to the second floor, the old inn keeper scratched his head in confusion as he just remember something and forgot to tell the man before. Singto book the room since last and when he did, he checked in with a woman in tow and now there was another man looking for the man in room five.

He was wondering, why would the owner of room five will asked his companion to come when he was in a room with a woman?

And that woman seemed like wasn't a normal woman at all, if the inn keeper's hunched were right that woman was working in some brothel, those places that selling pleasure for lonely and bored man...

The old inn keeper shook his head — those two young man was still young and handsome and they already engaging themselves in those kind of things, by their looks they could've get any woman they want no need to buy it.

******

Krist placed the key into the key hole, turned the knob and opened the door.

When he opened the door, the hand that was holding the wooden doorknob crackled with a ' creaking ' sound. He didn't notice that he was exerting too much strength on it, he was too angry to notice. The doorknob crumbled in his hand turning into a dusty powder.

Never did he expected that one he would witnessed a scene like that one... Like the one in front of it that moment.

His face darkened, heart sunk low, stomach crunched with nausea.

He felt dissapointed, devastated, pained and most of all betrayed!

Singto stirred as he heard the sound of something breaking, his nose twitched as the overly familiar scent assaulted his nasal. He woke up with a start, sat up and saw krist in the other side.

Darkened face, veins popping on his neck, clearly suppressing his anger. He looked suffocated, confused: singto unconsciously gave himself a look, eyes widen as he finally noticed that he was not the only one on the bed, it felt like he was washed by a cold water.

There was a woman on his bed and both of them are naked, panic stike his now colorless face. Gaze up at his lover again and quickly tried to explain. " it- it's not like that! Let me explain first... " he got out of the bed, covering his bare body with a blanket and strode closer at krist who seemed like been nailed at that very stop... In the door.

Krist just gave him a blank look, then a cold glare before turning his heels. Singto attentively got hold of his arm and stopped his leaving lover. His head was in a messed, he didn't know how the hell it all happened! He didn't even knew how that woman got on his bed.

He had no recollection of things that happened last night, even how he got himself into the inn but one thing he knew... And that's if he didn't explain it to krist it would meant the end of them. He didn't want that!! Even if he had to knelt down and beg to his lover  that would be fine with him, he didn't want to loose him in that way!

" wait! Krist hear me out first! Please, i really didn't —— Ahhgh! " but before he could even finish his words, he found himself crashing onto the wall, leaving a big hole on it. Krist flung him aside, he gave him a last complicated look. Eyes between disgusted and guilt; for unintentionally hurting singto.

He never wanted to raised a hand on singto, even on the situation that they were in. He never intended to hurt him, vent on his anger on him. He knew he would regret it if he did so, it would eaten him up. That's why, he rather just leave before he do something unimaginable.

He could feel his own blood thrist, his killing intent. He was too angry and would loose it any minute.

Singto quickly stood up but he was still too late, the moment his eyes landed on the opened door there was no one, not even a shadow. With a flashed krist left without a single trace.

Singto ran up to the door and looked around the quiet corridor but there was no krist to find... He was utterly defeated!

at the time of singto crashing onto the wall, the woman on his bed finally had been woken from the commotion. Fortunately, there was no guest in the room next to them where the broken wall was connected.

The woman covered herself with the blanket, scared and scurried herself into the corner of the bed near the wall.

Singto heard the movements, turned his head, just a moment ago he was still trying to figured out what happened, he had an unreadable expression. Cold eyes staring at the woman.

*******

Krist rushed into the valley near their territory and finally couldn't held his feelings in, it felt like he would die any minute, his worlds crushing down to his head. Blocking his air passage and flattening his heart. He shouted! " Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! " after letting out a frustrated roar, he finally catched his breathed.

Inhale, exhale. Trying to calm his self, krist found himself crouching down, hugging his knees. Tears finally found its way into his cheek. He was brokenhearted...

After stabilizing his emotions, he stood up and in a flashed left the valley.

When he arrived home, he went into Sam's liquor cabinet. Grabbed a bottle  and went directly into his room, locked the door and started chugging down the alcohol like it was water.

He slightly enjoyed the bitterness of the alcohol at that moment, it was like his current mood and feelings... Bitter...

*******

Andddd were back into the past! Hahaha i'mma just trying to tie the loose ends in their past lives then, I'll go back to present. I think we're nearing the end of this story 🤔🤔🤔

I just have to write up the rest of the chapters i already had in mind!( wish i could write it all ) 😅😅😅