Chapter 5 "We Killed Him"

NOT EDITED 

*Veronica POV* 

I woke up to white lights I squinted trying to get my vision clearer. I looked around to see I was laying on the large sofa in my office. I sit up slowly I groaned stretching my arms. 

"Woah Ronnie lay down" I looked to see Lorenzo rushing over to me. I put a hand out to him to try stay him from being any closer to me. 

"Lorenzo fuck off" I snapped. He was acting like there wasn't a handcuffed bloody man in my brother's office. 

"I can explain but please lay down" I rolled my eyes resting my elbows on my knees with my face in the palms of my hands. 

"Who was that man? Is he dead? Why was he hurt? What did you do?" I threw questions at him. I just wanted to know everything. Why are they hiding things from me? 

"Calm down Ron-" I threw a cushion at him. How dare he act like this is perfectly normal?

"I want answers" I demanded. Lorenzo looked to the door Dan had quietly been stood there. 

"Dan who was that man?" I stand up getting more annoyed that no one was answering me. 

"Sit down V" Dan pointed to the sofa. I sat back down waiting for the answers. 

"I am going to tell you everything V but please just wait until I finish before you talk" I nodded. 

"When we were 15 me and Snake met this guy at school I don't think you'll remember him, his name was Haze" I tried to remember a Haze but I couldn't. 

"Haze introduced us to these older guys he knew, they were in a gang. They had us do little jobs like rob stuff but then things got deeper. We met Kai and Zac the four of us had a mission to rob a rivals gang delivery." he paused to look to Lorenzo who nodded for him to continue. Dan took a deep breath.

"Haze was the son to the leader of the gang we were in, he didn't have to do the mission with us. We had finished loading our cars with the drugs and guns when we were getting shot at." I gasped not able to hold in my shock. 

"We had killed most of them they had barely hit any of us. The sound of shots must of been so loud that someone called the police. We all jumped in to our cars and left but Lorenzo's car had 3 tyres flat. He had to leave running on foot being chased by the cops. He called me to pick him up I tried so hard but I was too late. They had already seen his face they knew who he was."  I looked to see Lorenzo not making eye contact with either of us. 

"Snake managed to not get caught and I met him at a alley to take him home with me. He told me that the police had seen his face and he was fucked because we live in a kind of small town. People knew him and they would find him. I went to our leader who had become like a type of father to me, he tried everything to prevent Snake getting caught but the cops wanted someone to blame for what happened since gang crime was rising." I already knew where this was going.

"The police eventually came to arrest Snake which I'm sure you can remember that day" I simply nodded not sure what to say. Lorenzo clearly never told on my brother or his friends since none of them were arrested. 

"V, Lorenzo protected me from serving 10 years with him. I owe him everything which is why when he came out I wanted to make sure he had everything he needed to live." I knew my brother cared deeply for Lorenzo but I never knew it was because Lorenzo had saved him. 

"You still haven't got to who the fuck that man was" I snapped. I wanted him to skip to now not tell me the secret I wanted to know 10 years ago. 

"When Snake left to do his time I spoke to Haze and his father Ace to see if I could step away from the gang life" Dan sighed I knew shit was about to get real his eyes held a glaze. 

"I did stay away from that life V for a while but then mum and dad died. All I had was you. I needed money to keep you with me so I went back to Ace. He happily took me in he'd told me how he watched over me. How he was so proud of me. Hell he even helped me open the bar and this club." I watched Dan slowly breaking down in front of me and there was nothing I could do because I wanted the answers. 

"Ace died last year from cancer" Tears fell down Dan's face I guess the reminder of all the people he's lost had hit him.

"Haze didn't want to take over he fled to London no one's really heard from him since but I got word that he has a girlfriend and baby now. I was the only one left that was close enough to Ace to run the gang which is why I took over." My eyes snapped to Dan who was watching me carefully.

"The bloody guy you saw V was a man who owed me money. A lot of money. He was trying all these shit excuses for why he couldn't pay me back which is why I had to get him here" Dan explained finally who the man was. 

"What do did you do to him?" I knew I didn't want to know the answer. I knew the answer was going to kill me inside but I had to know. 

"Ronnie it-" I cut him off.

"Tell me Enzo" I demanded. He looked to Dan then back at me. 

"We killed him" tears fell down my face loud sobs left my mouth I couldn't stop myself. I was shaking a felt like my oxygen was being taken from me. Holy fuck. I'm having a panic attack. Again. 

"Ronnie it's okay think about something happy" Lorenzo was holding my hand kneeled in front of me. 

"Remember when you was 11 we went to Disney World you dressed as Cinderella?" I thought back to the day.

"I wanted to be prince charming but you said I couldn't charm anyone so I had to be a mouse with Dan. You made us wear ears and tails the whole day." I felt calmer my head and chest became clearer. I could breathe again. 

"Really dude that's the day you had to bring up" I laughed at Dan's annoyed expression. 

"I need to go find Amy" I clicked my phone to see it was 1am I'd been gone for too long. I cleaned my face with wipes trying to fix my make u before I headed out my office. 

"V you can't tell her" I opened the door to my office. 

"I will do what I want Dan unlike some I don't fucking lie to people" I snapped at them before slamming the door shut behind me. Looks like I'm going to avoid going home tonight.