Chapter 7 "Where Are You?"

*NOT EDITED*

*Veronica POV*

"What is there to say? You guys hid everything from me. You also killed someone. Hell probably more than one person for all I know" I ranted at him.

"Firstly I didn't kill him. Kai did. Secondly we was just trying to protect you Ronnie" I felt my hand enlock around his on the table. His thumb made circles on my hand I became relaxed memories of how we used to be came back.

*FLASHBACK*

Lorenzo pulled me to the booth at the back of the diner laughing as he did.

"No one will see us here and we can do this" he took my hand holding it tightly on top of the table. I was 12 and he was 14 we had been skipping class once a week to come here. We weren't dating or doing anything but talking. We had only just moved on to holding hands recently when Lorenzo decided to hold mine and not let it go until we got back to school. I didn't mind too much, it felt nice having him so close.

"Your hand is sweaty" I complained I tried to pull my hand back but he just tightened his hold.

"Enzo" I whined he just chuckled at me.

"Ronnie don't let me go" humour had left his face. He looked serious almost scared.

"Enzo I'm not letting you go I only just got you so close to me" I promised with a whole hearted smile. He finally let my hand go, I happy took my shake watching him through my lids as we both silently drank.

*END OF FLASHBACK"

"Your hand is sweaty" I complained tearing our hands apart.

"You know Ronnie it's your hand that sweats not mine" I rolled my eyes at him. My hand does not sweat. No one has ever complained about my hand sweating.

"Roll your eyes at me one more time sweetheart and I will make them roll to the back of your head while you scream-" I cut him off. I'd heard too much. He can not talk to me like that.

"Shut up Enzo" I snapped at him. He smirked amused by my reaction. We both stayed silent for a few minutes. I decided to talk since it was kind of my turn to say something to him.

"I don't care who did it you, Kai, Dan, Zac and Theo are family to me and you all actively hid the biggest secret a person could have. Not only for a few months but fucking years. Do you know how much that hurts me? It makes me question everything I knew about you guys. It makes me not trust you Lorenzo" his eyes widen when his full name is said. I watched his tongue run over his bottom lip. His hand runs through his pushed back hair messing it a little.

"I will tell you anything you want right now Ronnie. You can trust me. I hate that this has made you think you can't. I've wanted to tell you everything for so long but timing has just been wrong. I tried before I got arrested but everytime me leaving you came up you had this look on your face it just broke my heart to see you hurt because of me" I bit my lip hoping it helped keep my eyes from filling with tears. The memories of how we was wouldn't go. The memories of when Amy would force me to talk about everything I felt until I realised I was in love with Lorenzo. My Enzo. He is not mine at all.

"Have you killed someone?" I asked quietly not sure if I wanted to know the answer.

"No but Ronnie it's a gang at some point I might have to" he replied honestly. I can understand where he was coming from but how is he going to just accept that he might have to fucking kill someone.

"Enzo I don't want you to end up back-" he cut me off.

"I won't this stuff it's for now Dan is working on things we going to be okay" he was so sure and it made me feel 100 times better.

"Half a sundae with me?" I offered not wanting to leave yet.

"Half chocolate and mint mix?" I smiled. He remembered my favourite.

"Always. It's the best" I boasted.

We finished the sundae while we talked about the future the past being completely forgotten for now.

"I'm looking to move in to a apartment I need my own space. It's weird being back and having to share everything with my parents again" I nodded understandingly.

"We could look together? I want to move out too Dan is getting too much and the guys come over a lot when I just want to chill and be alone" Lorenzo let out a laugh.

"You're moving pretty fast Ronnie I've not even took you out on a date and you want to live together" I threw some ice cream at him, it landed on his jacket unbothered he quickly wiped it away.

"We can look for a realtor tomorrow since it will be Monday and hopefully by Wednesday we will have palaces to look at?" Lorenzo said sounding excited. I couldn't help but smile at him.

"I have to check the restaurant tomorrow see how far along they have gotten. I'm hoping to open up end of the month" I explained.

"I will come with you then we can go look for a good realtor" Lorenzo suggested I agreed. I checked my phone to see Amy had called me 10 times I click call back since Lorenzo had gone to see Lucas and had to go toilet.

"Where are you ?" She didn't even say hello.

"I'm on my way back I'll be 15minutes" I lied. I didn't want her to know about the diner it was mine and Lorenzo's place.

"Okay I was thinking we could watch the vampire diaries"

"Yes I've fucking missed Damon" I replied. I looked to see Lorenzo on his way back.

"I'm going to go I will see you soon" I hung up not waiting for a response.

"I would offer you a lift but I can't drive yet. Give me a month tops and I'll take you any where you want" he promised. I laughed pulling him in to a hug. I forgot about all the little things he's not done since he left.

"Tomorrow I'll drive you around" I assured him before we parted ways.

A/N kind of a filler chapter sorry! But I promise we will get to some juicy parts soon.