Chapter 20 "Are You Fucking Crazy?"

NOT EDITED

*Veronica POV*

"You look so good tonight" I stayed silent accepting the compliment.

"I watched you through the window throughout the night. The way you helped waitresses when it was too busy, I saw you almost cry while you was with your brother that time I almost ran in to the restaurant" he sighed recalling his memories from the night. How long had he been watching me? The whole night?

"Why are you here?" I asked my hands set in front of me. I knew exactly where my brother had stashed guns in the office. I refused to have them but him and Lorenzo insisted on it as safety. I had 7 in here naked to the eye unless you knew exactly where to look.

"This whole business woman attitude is turning me on baby" Xander flirted. I let out a sigh annoyed with how slow this was going.

"I have somewhere to be now answer the question" I snapped.

"Snake came back and you ran to him like a lost little puppy. I thought I'd helped make you stronger than that" I closed my eyes counted to ten. I knew he was just trying to trigger something in me to make me that 16 year old who had no one but him.

"Xander answer my fucking questions or so help me God I'm going going to start shooting bullets through you" I yelled at him planning a way to grab my gun taped to under the desk near the help alarms.

"We've got a whole night of this ahead don't lose your temper yet" he taunted me. I moved forward leaning closer to him one hand under the desk.

"Why are you here?" I asked again he simply shook his head.

"The first question should be why did I leave" I rolled my eyes over that question. I no longer cared for him, him leaving was the best thing he could have done.

"I don't -" I started

"I left to follow my gang well it's not mine it was just the one I was apart of. You see you're lovely brother ran us out of the state" Xander looked scarily calm.

"He was the reason I broke up with you I never wanted to leave you V but he wouldn't let us stay here" Xander reached out to me I dropped my other hand under the table.

"He told you to dump me?" I asked he shook his head.

"He didn't know I was apart of them until the day I left. He came round to check we had all left. I was the only one left he told me he was sorry but he can't let one stay without it causing a war. I understood and left" I bit my lip holding in my sob.

"I planned to leave the gang and come back before Lorenzo came back and took you from me" I gripped the gun between my legs.

"I didn't think it would take me this long but I did it V I left for you. For me. Fuck I did it for us" he teared up I used a hand to wipe away my tears keeping the gun gripped in the other hand. I felt the twist in my stomach I used to have with him.

"You can't get out of a gang Xander unless you kill the leader and even then you might still be hunted down because the new leader could want you dead" I whispered the little I understood about gangs.

"I know the rules V but he's dead the new leader he's just happy to be a leader" Xander replied but I felt my stomach tighten again. He's lying.

"Why are you really here Xander?" I lifted the gun as I stood up.

"I told you-"

"You told me a fucking lie. I'm not 16 I'm not the lost girl I was" I moved closer to him.

"Im 23 Xander, I'm loved and I run businesses worth more than the bounty on your head" I snapped taking the safety off. Xander stayed calm I was now a few steps behind him.