Chapter 6 "You'd Make A Good Girlfriend"

NOT EDITED 

*Veronica POV* 

I found Amy sat next to a different guy than the one I left her with, I guess he was boring. I looked to see if I could find any of the other girls but no one was around. I sent a text to Amy I watched her read it then look around for me until she spotted me next to the bar.

"Can I get two vodka oranges?" I asked. The bartender nodded before he went to make them I took mine then handed the other one to Amy as she arrived.

"What happened? You look like shit" can always trust her to be honest with me.

"I just found stuff out about Lorenzo and my brother. Can I stay yours? I really don't want to see either of them" I asked her more liked begged.

"Of course you can let's leave now I will text the girls to say we left. We can stop at McDonald's to get food before we get in a taxi" Amy took my hand. We left our glasses behind as we both walked out the club.

"Wake up" I felt my nose being poked repeatedly.

"Riseeee and shineee" I flinched at how out of key she was.

"I'm awake stop singing" I begged. My throat felt drier than the desert. I need 3L of water. I turned to see I was in Amy's spare room which had actually became my room away from home. I had a toothbrush in the ensuite, clothes in the wardrobe for any spontaneous sleepovers. I could easily be living here but no I decided to stay living with my gang leading brother. I found a bottle of water on the bed side table, Amy must of brought it up with her since it was nice and cold. I swallowed the tablets she held out to me.

"You'd make the perfect girlfriend" I laughed as I cuddled back into the sheets.

"I know yet no man has taken me from you" I didn't want to sound selfish out loud but I was so happy that she was always free for me. I was always free for her too I'd leave any man to be by her side if she needed me the best feeling was knowing she would do the same.

"Movie day to forget your drama?" She asked cuddling in to the sheets next to me. Amy knew I'd talk when I was ready this was her way of giving me time before we talked.

3 movies later I was ready to talk and no longer dying from a hangover.

"I found out some stuff out last night. Dan told me I can't tell you but we both know how that is not going to happen" we both laughed. When it comes to not telling people stuff best friends don't count. I will always tell Amy my secrets.

"What kind of stuff? You're making it sound scary" I rolled my eyes at her scary was one way to put it.

"Dan runs a gang Amy" that was how I started my story of what happened last night. I went in to as much detail I as I could remember. 

"Want to stay here for a few nights?" I leaned over pulling her into a hug.

"Thank you so much" I didn't want to leave. I couldn't face them and what they did to that man.

I sat in the booth at the back of the old diner I used to always go to when I would skip lessons. I'd left Amy's to go for a walk alone, I hoped it would help clear my head that's how I ended up at this diner. I'd forgotten about it well more like blocked it out after Lorenzo left. We used to come here often just the two of us. Dan never knew he just assumed Lorenzo skipped class to be alone but he did it to see me.

"La Rosa?" I looked to see a elderly waitress. 10 years had passed since I'd seen her, she had aged gracefully.

"Millie you look as good as ever" I complemented her. She smiled her arms out for a hug I pulled her in to my chest holding her close. The scent of strawberries hit my nostrils taking me back to over ten years ago. When all was good. When we all were innocent and the only crime we did was the graffiti on the back walls of the school building.

"Is it true?" I looked to see her eyes glazed as though she was going to cry.

"Is my boy finally come back?" I nodded. Instantly silent tears fell down her face. Lorenzo always had a place in Millie's heart. Her Lucas husband wasn't able to give her kids when they first met Lorenzo they took a strong liking to him. He was around 10 when he met them, he was doing a graffiti wall on the side of their diner when Lucas came out the back with rubbish. He stood frozen afraid to be caught, Lucas looked at him and demanded he come in. Lorenzo somehow charmed his way in to their hearts and has been like family to them since. Lorenzo showed me this diner one afternoon when we skipped, he said he wanted me to meet a couple that he had gotten close to. I was honoured to be the first and turns out only girl he has brought here. Millie sat opposite me ready to talk about her son. I opened my mouth but was stopped when she spoke.

"Hold on" she got back up rushed to the kitchen. She was gone a few minutes, I took the chance to message Dan and Lorenzo telling them I'm staying at Amy's and would appreciate the space for few days. I looked up to see Millie was rushing back to me with a large chocolate shake. I bit my lip excited to have one after so long. Millie had mastered the art making this shake no where else ever tasted good.

"Tell me how is he? Does he look different?" I sipped my shake while she threw twenty questions at me.

"He looks different but he still has his bright green eyes and his dark hair. Instead of a mop he wears it pushed back and honestly it suits him so much more, makes his eyes stand out. He got a couple more scars but he hasn't told me how and I'm not sure I want to know what he had to deal with in there to survive" I sighed at the thought of what he might have had to do or what someone might have done to him.

"He's so strong Rosa you don't need to worry for him. He will come to you and tell you everything he's gone through when he is ready Figlia" I smiled as she called me her daughter. I remember the first time she spoke to me in Italian. Lorenzo had to translate it to me I'm sure he left parts out probably the parts that embarrassed him.

"I'm not sure he wants to talk to me" I whispered. Millie took my hand into hers I looked up to see her have a small smile on her face.

"He wants to tell you his whole life even though you were probably there for most of it. He wants you to know him even with all the bad. Trust me Rosa I know my boy" I laughed at her confidence. The diner bell rings I looked to the door to see him dressed in all black. A t-shirt paired with jeans, a fitted leather jacket and a black pair timberlands to finish off his bad boy look. I sighed rolling my eyes. He slipped in to the seat next to Millie pulling her in to a side hug.

"I missed you Ma" he whispered breathing in her scent. I watched as tears fell from both of them, he just held her until she pulled away.

"Get up boy I need to keep this place running" Lorenzo chuckled moving to let her out the booth.

"You clearly don't want that much space since you came to our place sweetheart" I sighed not ready to talk about this with him.

"I started walking and ended up. I can bet however that you tracked me here" I said staring at him. I watched his lip lift to a smirk.

"Dan used Snapchat to see where abouts you were I saw the area and knew you'd be here. I told him that it would probably be best if I would come and try talk to you first" I nodded happy it was him and not Dan that came.

"Ready to talk this out?" He asked once Millie gave us chocolate shakes.

A/N
Thanks for reading don't forget comment and vote!