Chapter 48 "Do You Think It's Them?"

NOT EDITED 

*Veronica POV*

"What do you mean?" I asked for the fifth time. I still don't understand. 

"Dad made the gang before he met mom, he stayed running it but made Ace the face of the gang" I let what he said sink in a little bit. Lorenzo's thumb rubbed circles on to my hand making me feel safe. that means they stopped Lorenzo and Danny joining the gang because he didn't want to get caught running it.

"They're all dead now though, why does Alex need the videos?" I didn't understand why Alex was in need of this chip. 

"The chip has all the evidence the police will need to send us all to jail V" Danny explained the stress clear on his face. 

"We can make our own chip a fake one filled with random stuff to give Alex" I suggested not wanting to think about losing everyone. 

"V you need to understand that we're going to do everything we can to get rid of Alex but the chances of us getting arrested are going to be higher now" Kat spoke worry laced her tone. I knew they were going to do this for me but even more for themselves because if Alex ever got this chip it was game over for everyone. I wasn't ready to lose anyone. 

"I promise to do anything I can to help" i said holding Kat's hand in promise. 

"I can't let you or Amy get too involved, you guys are the only ones not on any clips. We don't need to take you down with us" I sent Danny a glare. Who did he think he was excluding us?

"I don't speak for Amy-"

"Yes, yes you do" Amy interrupted with a smirk.

"In that case I want to remind you that you don't get to speak for Amy or me" I snapped at Danny.

"We're family which means no one gets left behind" I quoted Stitch passionately. I heard Lorenzo cough out a laugh along with a few others, they knew what I had quoted. I knew if this was the other way around Danny would never let me leave him out, he'd fight to help me until the end. 

"V-" I stood up over this conversation. 

"No empieces" I interrupted him. Danny got up pulling me in to a awkward hug I don't wrap my arms around him since I was still mad. 

"You're too stubborn for your own good" he mumbled I let out a small laugh knowing he was slowly giving in.

"I have more to tell you" he pulled away to sit back down, I sat back next to Lorenzo. 

"I think mom and dad are still alive" Danny said playing with his hands uncomfortably. 

"You think they're just in hiding?" I asked holding on to Lorenzo's hand trying to stay calm. He said he thinks they're alive that means he's not sure, I can't get my hopes up.

"We watched a clip from six months ago and I think I saw mom in a wig and sunglasses trying to shuffle through a crowd. I think dad was next to her but we only saw his back, he was in a hat and his body was completely covered" Danny pulled out some printed papers that had photos of who he thought was mom and dad. I looked at the photo of a side profile of a blonde with over sized sunglasses on, I look to see next to her was a man in a hat his face hidden. 

"Can I see the clip?" I asked interested to see what they was doing and if it was our parents. Theo handed us a laptop to watch the clip ourselves. Lorenzo silently watched the clip with me, it was the couple being rushed in to a blacked out Range Rover. I paused the clip to see zoom in on the woman's hand, mom had two small stars tattooed on to the side of her left hand. You could kind of see a faded black blur on her hand which meant she was covering the tattoo to help hide her identity. That's if this was her.