Chapter 40 "I Need More Sleep"

NOT EDITED

*Veronica POV*

I pulled myself away from him. Why was he here? Was he Kurt's boss? I felt my airways closing as panic raised in me. Trying to take deep breaths I reached out to touch the wall next to me.

"Why are-" I stopped my question when I felt tears run down my cheek.

"Don't cry love" he hushed wiping my tear. I flinched under his touch.

"Leave" I begged with a sob.

"Why would I do that? I just spent so much time catching you love" he knew how much I hated when he called me that. I knew he was saying it on purpose to trigger me.

"Alex" I sobbed his name. I'd just spent the last year moving on from him. Amy was going to kill him. She was the only one who truly knew how evil he was when we dated. The worst part was I never left him in fear of my life. He dumped me telling me I was to broken to ever be loved. I believed him. Why was he here?

"V?" I looked in the direction of Danny's voice, Alex doing the same.

"Veronica" he yelled anger filled his voice. He'd obviously been running around the whole place looking for me. He still hadn't spotted me with this monster.

"Don't make a sound" Alex pressed a gun to my head. I bit my lip holding in my sobs as I watched Alex. His finger on the trigger but the safety was on I took it as my chance. Alex starred in the direction of Danny to see if he was getting any closer to us. I grabbed his wrist pulling it away from me as I kicked him in the balls repeatedly until he let go of the gun. I grabbed it before I ran to where I had hoped Danny would be nearby. I couldn't see him maybe he had gone up the stairs or down the other corridor. I was sure I was about to break my neck running in these heels. I heard footsteps coming from where I had just ran from, I pulled the gun closer to me remembering Lorenzo's words to always stay calm. I thought as logically as I could in the short time I had. I ripped my shoes off no longer caring that they cost $1000 my life meant more. I threw them down a corridor next to the one I was going to run down hoping it would trick Alex enough to give me time to get outside or find Danny. I took off running making sure to breathe as I ran, I always forget to breathe. I found a glass slide door I opened and closed it behind me not wanting any clues of where I had gone to be left. I had to stop for a break my legs were killing the adrenaline was wearing off.

"Ronnie?" I turned around to see Lorenzo jogging over to me. I dropped Alex's gun to the floor before I jumped in to Lorenzo's arms holding on to him like a koala bear. His hands gripped my ass holding me to him.

"I wanna go home" I begged into his neck.

"Where was she? Who's gun is this?" I looked to see Danny holding Alex's gun.

"I don't know man but keep it" Lorenzo said carrying me to the car.

"I told the detective's to meet at mine" Danny was the first to break the silence.

"We need to explain where we each were when the shooting happened" Lorenzo said playing with my hair. How was I meant to tell them about Alex with detectives around.

"Where did you go?" Danny asked me Lorenzo hit him in response. I wanted to laugh at his over protectiveness. 

"It's fine Enzo" I assured him.

"When Lorenzo and I got back down to the hall after the lights switched off I put the flash on my phone" I moved to sit up straighter wanting then to hear me clearly.

"You told us to go to a exit I felt someone take my hand pulling my with them, I assumed it was Enzo so I followed" I looked out the corner of my eye to see Danny watching me carefully.