Chapter 53 "No Undress Again"

NOT EDITED

*Veronica POV*

I forced Lorenzo to help me cook tacos for everyone, all the guys spoke in their group-chat to organise a time to be back. Thank God they didn't just turn up Lorenzo and I decided to watch a movie but that turned in to round two and then three. Oops?

"I don't understand why I have to help? You own a restaurant, you can cook perfectly fine on your own" Lorenzo complained I rolled my eyes at his dramatic ass.

"You've bruised my fucking ass, you've made my legs fucking sore how am I supposed to stand here and cook?" I snapped Lorenzo shrugged smirking. He was happy with himself the smug idiot.

"I swear I'm going to slap that smug smile of your face if you don't get rid of it" I hissed mixing the guacamole, I added more lime before I was happy with it.

"Table set, cocktails made and food almost complete" I said checking everything off the list out loud.

"We need to change" Lorenzo reminded me. I had forgotten we planned to get dressed up fancy for dinner. Tonight was a special night, tonight's the night before we ruin Alex. Danny and Lorenzo has assured us that everything was set. Amy and I were fully trained to the best we could without wasting more time. Danny promised me that the help we had was going to ensure no one would die. He said he can't promise no injuries but death was not a choice, he made sure everyone knew it. No one could die on this mission.

"What colour are you wearing?" Lorenzo asked I looked to see his shirt had three buttons undone, but he was wearing a couple chains and a few silver rings which added a bad boy element to his outfit. He had on a maroon velvet suit jacket giving it a fancier than usual feel.

"Why are you dressed so fucking good?" I asked suspiciously.

"You said dress up" I squinted at him.

"Yeah dress up not get ready for the fucking MET Gala" I sighed realising I had to get dressed up just as fancy otherwise we look fucking odd.

"I can go change" he offered I shook my head digging through the clothes I had brought. Since being here we all quickly realised we needed more clothes. We didn't have Internet in the house since it could be tracked which was why we had to go out to the shopping centre to find anything.

"I'm sure I have something that will make us match" I waved him off. I found a long sleeve wrapped dress that matched his jacket. Lorenzo had given up waiting on me, I came out the bathroom to see him asleep on the bed with the tv playing How I Met Your Mother. I turned the tv off not interested in it.

I applied lipstick to match the dress finishing off my make up, I picked up the dress tying it around my waist.

"No undress again" I looked over to Lorenzo who sounded like a sad baby.

"Come on they're going to be here soon" I said excited to see everyone. I know it's only been a day but I'm so used to living with them, I miss seeing them.

"It's only be a day how do you miss them?" Lorenzo said stretching.

"I know it's going to be weird going back to just us" I said my arms holding on to his waist. Lorenzo's hands shamelessly gripped on my ass.

"They could be more than just us" Lorenzo suggested I looked at him confused. Who else could be with us? Wait am I pregnant? Lorenzo wouldn't know that before me.

"Did you invite some bitch to move in?" I asked my fake nails creasing his clothes.

"No, stop hurting me" he pulled my hands off him.

"I meant we could get a dog, Jesus" I instantly relaxed at the word dog.

"Can we? Really? Please" I begged he chuckled watching me.

"Anything you want, Princess" Lorenzo promised kissing my forehead. He's fucking elite. I don't care.

I made sure the food was heated ready for dinner, I loaded the table with the food as it reached 7pm.

"I got it" I screamed running to open the front door. I heard Lorenzo walking behind me catching up to me at the door.

"I've missed-" I stopped talking shocked at the sight before.

"Did you know?" I whispered feeling my throat closing up. I feel the air tighten around me, I reached out touching the door.

"Danny told me I want-" I turned around leaving them behind me. I stormed out the back garden, not sure where I was going. I kept going until I couldn't hold myself up any more.

"Princes" I sobbed hearing his voice call for me.

"Sweetheart" I looked up feeling my lashes hanging off. I pulled them off throwing them behind me.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you" Lorenzo lays my head on his lap, I sobbed as he stroked my hair comforting me.

"I look so bad" I hiccuped ending the long silence we had.

"I think you're perfect" Lorenzo's thumbs cleaned the smudged mascara under my eyes, I let out a breathy laugh watching him cringe and wipe it on to his pants.

"I love you Ronnie" I felt my heart beat faster like it always did when he said the cutest shit.

"I know" I mumbled raising up to sit on his lap.

"I love you so much that if you wanted to skip dinner and sit here to avoid them, we can" he offered resting my head in his chest.

"We can go back" I said realising I'm going to have to face them eventually.

"Get this shit over with" I groaned getting up.

"When we get in you might wanna sort your face" Lorenzo said laughing. I whacked his arm

"Don't be a dick, I'm still mad at you" I said sending him a small glare.

"Jump on my back" he crouched down I remembered I had no shoes on. Why am I so dumb some times?

"I love you" I said climbing on to him.

Lorenzo rushed me upstairs to our room when we got back to give me a chance to look better.

"I hate how emotional I get" I said adding more mascara rather than having new lashes glued on.

"It's human nature princess" Lorenzo said watching me fix my face.

"Well I hate it" I mumbled setting my make up with a spray.

I followed behind Lorenzo not wanting to walk in first, I knew they were waiting for us. I could hear the hushed voices as we got closer. It all stopped when Lorenzo stepped in the room. I looked to see Kat, Danny and Noah sat opposite Amy and two empty seats I'm guessing they're for us. The twins were at the breakfast bar with Xander stuffing their faces with the tacos I had made. Lorenzo took my hand leading us to the table, I sat next to Amy grabbing her hand under the table to help calm myself.

"V=" I sent him a glare shutting him up. I filled my plate with food needing some kind of comfort.

"No love for us? We came back from the dead" Everyone stopped eating. I counted to ten before I opened my mouth to speak.

"You shouldn't have been dead" I snapped when no one spoke.

"ángel" I flinched at the nickname. The name I hadn't heard since I was sixteen.

"Dad" I warned him not to start this over dinner.

"We can talk later" Danny ended the very awkward conversation.