Chapter 54 "Don't Defend Him"

NOT EDITED

*Veronica POV*

We sat awkwardly in the living area not a sound to be heard until Danny sighed annoyed. I sent him a glare still angry at him for lying to me. 

"Ver-" I looked to Levi who stopped talking instantly. 

"Princess" Lorenzo said low but with the silence I could tell my parents heard him. Their look of shock changed to excitement at the realisation that Lorenzo and I were together. 

"I'm still mad" I pouted like a kid knowing I needed to let it go and hear them out. 

"I'm sorry I -" 

"Was I talking to you?" I snapped at Danny who looked to Lorenzo for help. 

"You're being childish V" Danny finally spoke again. I felt myself tense in anger how fucking dare he. If I hid something like this from him he'd kill everyone who knew before him. I knew he would never be as quiet as I am, he'd break things even people. 

"I'm sorry, I don't think YOU of all people can call me childish" I protested. God his face is fucking ugly it's making me want to punch it.  I slowly moved my hand under Lorenzo's jacket I felt him tense at my touch, I'm glad I make him feel the way he makes me feel. I gripped his gun ready to shoot my brother's stupid ass. 

"You-" Lorenzo interrupted him this time thank God. 

"Let's tell Ronnie how this all happened" Danny rolled his eyes at Lorenzo. 

"Fucking whipped" I heard him mumble, Kat was quick to slap his head shutting him up. Brothers suck.

"Danny confirmed your parents were alive the night we went to the warehouse. A couple of Alex's men were talking about their possible location when we arrived, they quickly died because they didn't want to give more information" Lorenzo admitted. I watched my parents listen to the story interested, they clearly hadn't heard how they were found. 

"Danny worked on finding them non stop after that night, he insisted that they were close. Turns out they were only two towns over" Kat said holding Danny's hand. Her thumb rubbing the back of his hand, she was trying to get him to talk. 

"We went the day of the ball to get them, it wasn't hard to convince them to return. Alex wants to expose our gang that's his end goal. I want to make his gang disappear." Danny growled the last part. 

"Alex's dad John used to run the gang but he went in to selling women and kids, we don't do that shit and I don't like people who do that shit" my dad informed me. I never knew Alex did that, does he still do that? Would he have done that to me? 

"Alex isn't his dad he wouldn't-" I stopped talking when Lorenzo threw a glass at the wall. 

"Enzo" I gasped not expecting him to do that. 

"Don't defend him" I stayed silent knowing he was right, I didn't know him. Alex had already tried to sexually assault me and I was someone he 'loved'.  What was stopping him from selling women or kids?

"I fucking hate him" Danny complained Kat held his hands trying to comfort him. Everyone watched Lorenzo break a few things, no one wanted to stop him. I looked to see my dad sighing as he got up, I watched him put his hand on Lorenzo's shoulder gripping it causing Lorenzo to stop. 

"I'm fucking over waiting" Lorenzo threw himself back down next to me. I reached out for him taking his hand in mine, I squeezed it tight as a sign I'm here. Lorenzo took a couple minutes until he squeezed my hand back. 

"We all are which is why tomorrow we attack" Danny said getting back to the plan. 

"Like I was saying Alex is a dick like his father which is why we need to get rid of him and his shit gang" I rolled my eyes at how hyped he was getting now. 

"I spoke to a few officers to join us and arrest the smaller guys involved-"

"Alex is dead" I heard Lorenzo grunt as he pulled me in to his chest wrapping his arms around me. 

"Kurt is coming over tomorrow morning he finally reached out, just in time to get involved" Danny informed us I grinned excited to see Kurt tomorrow. 

"I'll make breakfast we need to make sure we all eat a big breakfast" I let them know to wake up early. 

"I can help you cook" I bit my lip at the sound of her voice. I forgot she was here. Lorenzo nudged me to reply to her.

"Sure mom, that would be great" I said with a forced smile. I still felt so uncomfortable. I need to get over this awkward phase, I should be grateful that they're alive. I should be happy they're here helping.

 I looked at the clock to see it was late, we had finalised our plan to get in to Alex's place. Danny had made it seem the last few days that I was back in town causing Alex to rush back. 

"I need sleep" I yawned getting up I reached for Lorenzo pulling him up with me. 

"I guess I'm going to sleep too" Lorenzo groaned trying not to sound tired. My parents followed us up the stairs, I could hear them whispering and laughing making me self conscious. 

"Good night Mr La Rosa" Lorenzo nodded to my dad then hugged my mom tight. 

"Mrs La Rosa" I heard my mom sob in to Lorenzo's arms.

"You've become the best man any one would want for their daughter" she said wiping the tears falling. Lorenzo wrapped his arm around her shoulder resting his head on the top of hers. 

"She's the most amazing woman anyone would fall in love with her" he said with a chuckle, I blushed while my dad took my mom from Lorenzo's hold lovingly. 

"We just want you to know we approve but not enough to want to hear any-"

"Ew dad stop" I gagged faking sick sounds. Why would he bring sex up? My mom laughed shaking her head at us. 

"Good night ángel" my heart swelled at the nickname this time. 

"Good night" I kissed them each on the cheek before we leave to go down the opposite hall to them. 

I got in to the bed with Lorenzo who had friends on but I knew he wasn't paying attention to the show. 

"I'm scared" I admitted crawling in to Lorenz's lap. 

"It'll be over tomorrow" Lorenzo promised kissing my forehead softly. Wrapped my arms around his neck resting my head on his chest calming breathing in his natural scent, Lorenzo's hands on my waist holding me close. 

"I know you always express your feelings and I know I'm not the best at it but I want you to know-" 

"Princess don't" I shook my head covering his mouth with my hand I needed this out. I needed him to know. We never know what might happen tomorrow. 

"I need you to know Enzo" I said dropping my hand I took a deep breathe. 

"I never knew what it was like to love somebody completely until you came back in to my life and made me take the chance. It was the best thing I could have ever done" I ran my fingers over his face remembering every inch. 

"I love you more than you will ever understand, I don't know how to explain what I feel for you" I rested my forehead to his.

"All I know is that if anyone tries to take you from me they're going to have to get through me" I promised kissing his lips. 

"I love you too princess" Lorenzo placed small kisses over my face making me giggle at the feeling. 

"God you're beautiful" he whispered as we tangled ourselves in bed. 

"No one's going to touch you they won't have the chance" I barely heard his promise. I won't let Alex hurt him. Lorenzo's the best thing hat's ever happened and I might not deserve him but I fucking have him and he's mine to protect.