7

"So... Talk to me V. What's been happening?" Virgil just sat there on the couch with the usual blank look as the man across from him smiled away. Virgil has gotten to know all of them quite a bit so he knew he couldn't hide shit from Emile. The dude was a legit empath, far stronger than Virgil could ever hope to be. "I'm worried about you, bud. Thomas says you've been held up in your 'hideout' for quite some time now."

"Am I not allowed to?" Emile's smile turned a bit sad as Virgil glanced away.

"Virgil... You know I'm not the only Empath here... right?" Virgil frowned as he looked back to see the sad glint in Emile's eyes. No, Emile wasn't the only empath here. Patton was an even stronger one. One that had the power to manipulate emotions as well if he wanted. "I cannot reveal what was said to me in confidence but I'm a bit worried as he did bring something to my attention."

"I'm sure it's nothing you haven't read off me." His eyes flashed and Virgil tensed. "You're scared..." Emile only nodded having been read by Virgil enough times to not get freaked by it. He also knew not to mask with Virgil, it only set his anxiety off. Better to be read and explain then mask and deal with his lack of trust... trust he was trying to build. "Why?"

"Virgil, you've been here for 5 years and I still know nothing about your past. A past that affects you dearly. You refuse to say the name Roman and you have yet to explain why." Virgil narrowed his eyes as Emile sighed realizing he fucked up. "My apologies. You set rules and I broke one but the thing is Virgil, those rules are another thing. Why have them? Why have so many? I'm worried about you."

"Rule number 2... don't ask about my past." Emile frowned as Virgil glared at him. "I have my reasons, Emile. I can't talk about it."

"Why?" He couldn't believe he was actually pressing but sometimes shock is the only way. Emile just prayed it didn't do any further damage. "Why won't you talk about it? Why don't you like the name Roman?"

"Stop." Emile tensed seeing Virgil clench his fists but continued anyway. He could feel the pain in Virgil. He felt the heartwrenching agony but he couldn't stop. 

"Why don't you like the name Roman?" Virgil's breathing nearly stopped and Emile pushed himself to the edge of the couch. "What's with the name? Did you know a Roman? Come on Virgil. You'll never get past this thing with Mr. Graves if you don't face the real problem. Why don't you like the name Roman?"

"Please stop saying it." It was barely a whisper but the pure pain radiating off of Virgil was enough to kill anyone. "He's not Roman. You can't force me to call him that. Princey is NOT Roman."

"Despite you aversion to the name, that is what his is. You have to accept it." Emile smiled sadly as he looked down. "You cannot change that."

"So you've made a decision then?" Emile nodded as Virgil closed his eyes. 

"I'm your therapist first and I must do what I believe is best for you." Virgil nodded as he got up and headed for the door only for his sight to disappear. It wasn't the first time and it certainly won't be the last. "Please sit."

"I don't need to see, Emile." The therapist paused as Virgil spun around and smiled. "I don't need my sight and it makes no difference if you take it away."

"Virgil, please sit." The man didn't listen. In fact, he only laughed. "Virgil..."

"Are you planning on keeping my sight if I don't listen?" Emile frowned as Virgil inched closer to the door. "It won't change a thing. You've made your decision and I told you what would happen. You press me on things and I will leave."

"Virgil I cannot help you if you don't let me."

"I don't need your help." Virgil shook slightly as his eyes darted about the familiar black. "I don't need anyone's help."