36

Virgil sat there on his bed just staring up at the ceiling with a frown. The plain emptiness of the whitewashed roof contrasted greatly with his dark grey walls covered with painting and just odd things he's picked up from his many years. He even had a few posters up. None of it helped to ease his mind though. His skin itched with that urge to be with his soulmate. 

He didn't WANT to think of Princey as his soulmate. He couldn't imagine him as his soulmate. Anytime he tried he'd only think of his Roman and tear up. Yet at the same time, he'd feel guilty. It was an endless cycle. He'd think about Princey and feel guilty over Roman which would spur on thoughts of Roman and make him feel guilty over Princey thus repeating the cycle. 

He didn't know what to think. He didn't know what to do. All he knew is that the moment Thomas turned his back Virgil had teleported back home only to cry and curl up on his bed. He hasn't left it since. He didn't know how long it's been really. Everything had been a total daze. For all he knew, the week could be over and all the others were on their way back already. Something told him that wasn't the case though. He knew that just as much as he knew he wanted Roman.

No... Not Prince Roman.

Virgil snapped up with wide eyes as he curled up and shook. That was the first time it TRULY hit him that the urge to be with them was directed at Princey. The same man he told to his face many times over that he was hated.

Every time, Roman STILL came back to help him. They've had their fight. Big ones and small ones, it didn't matter. Roman's even started plenty of them himself. They aren't perfect. Roman's said some very hurtful things during his episodes. Just as Virgil has done to him but... Even still, Virgil couldn't get that face out of his head. That sad broken-hearted look Roman gave him so many times during the trip. The worry... the anxiety over pushing Virgil... but most of all... the patience. Roman was so patient with him. He tried so damn hard not to push or do anything that would frighten Virgil away. He took his time JUST to get to where he had managed... only for Virgil to pull away again. 

"He must blame himself." Virgil's eyes darkened as the realization finally hit him. Roman's only wish for Virgil, was for him to be comfortable around him. His patience was damn near torturous but he still waited and took his time. He was so gentle with Virgil but even still Virgil pulled away. Roman had to think he did something wrong. He had to think there must have been something that happened but... "Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit." Virgil stumbled to his feet only to freeze up like ice as his mind went spiraling. Princey wasn't his soulmate. Roman was his soulmate. Princey wasn't Roman. Why did he care so much about what that asshole felt...

Guilt tore through Virgil like wildfire the moment those thoughts filled his head. It was almost as if his body was punishing him for even thinking it but... he couldn't help it. He loved his Prince. Roman was his soulmate. His everything... The idea that Princey could just... replace him was impossible to believe. However, he couldn't just fight the soulmate bond. No matter how hard one wants to, Soulmates are physically linked to each other. Virgil knew from experience that this urge to be with Princey. To hold him in some way shape or form... it wasn't just going to go away. 

It was the whole reason he had that rule not to be touched. He longed for that familiar buzz of his prince's touch but knew he'd never feel it again. That and... he just didn't want to find out if he got a new soulmate or not.

But he broke his own rule...
...and now he's stuck with the reality that Roman Graves was his soulmate.
Roman Graves was his soulmate. Virgil smiled softly as he slowly relaxed and laughed.

"Roman is my soulmate." Virgil beamed as he quickly vanished out of nowhere leaving the sound of his laugh to echo through the walls of his room.

"Roman?" Roman frowned as he looked over to see Emile giving him a sad look. "Is everything ok?" Roman wondered if the therapist could feel how dazed his mind was or if he had just been told what happened earlier by Thomas. Either way, it didn't do much at all to change the situation. Roman's mind was flipping back and forth between two different states but he didn't really see either as anyone else. He just couldn't latch on to one. Emile's eyes narrowed with concern as Roman just smiled.

"I'm fine, Em. Thank you." Emile froze up as he mouthed the nickname again making Roman confused. "What? I've called you that before haven't I?"

"Well, yeah but..." Emile's eyes darkened as he bit his lip in thought. "It's never felt so weighted before."

"Em, please... I'm fine. I just have a lot on my mind is all."

"Oh, I know. I can feel your confusion, Roman. I'm worried. What I'm getting from you is... powerful and troubling. I just wanted to make you were ok. I am your therapist. You can talk to me." Roman shot the other a confused look making Emile frown.

"Therapist? When did I..." Roman blinked as Emile felt a sudden shift in his emotion causing him to groan a bit as his nausea built up. Roman's emotions kept shifting and swirling about in one big mess of confusion. It was very hard for the empath to concentrate on anything. He could only imagine how it was for Patton, who was MUCH stronger than he was. "I know, Emile. I am fine. I promise. I just need to figure out somethings. I'll talk to you if I need to. I promise."

"Ok... As long as you promise?" Roman laughed as he did a silent 'cross my heart' promise, making Emile chuckle. "Alright then, I'll leave you bee for a while. Some alone time might be good to clear your mind."

"Or..." Roman froze up on the spot mind flipping rapidly as he looked behind him to see Virgil smiling anxiously behind him. Emile's eyes went wide as he looked between the two's feelings the overwhelming emotion both were projecting. It was making him sick. "Or we could talk? That is... i-if you w-want to. I'm not gonna force you. Not after what I said. I..."

"Are you sure YOU want to?" Roman forced the words out as his breath nearly left him. He was so sure Virgil wasn't coming back, yet here was. And it made Roman both so fucking happy... but also extremely sad and he didn't know why. "You're the one who's going to have to deal with... well... me."

"I'm sure, Roman."