39

"Wait, Virgil?!" Thomas beamed as he ran over pulling the smaller in who tensed up badly only to smile at the sound of Roman growling.

"Sanders... Can you let him go please?" Thomas froze, shooting a confused look at Roman, before nodding and doing as he was told. "Thank you. You guys keep forgetting his rules. Why am I the only one that ever follows them?"

"It's ok, Princey." Virgil laughed as he took Roman's hand, melting under the buzz since he had taken his gloves off. "That rule is pointless now anyway."

"No, it's not. Contact makes you uncomfortable. Even if we're... I just..." Virgil squeezed Roman's hand making the other sigh before laughing softly and nodding. "You're right. I'm just being overprotective." Roman brushed Virgil's hair back a bit making Virgil roll his eyes. "Can you blame me?"

"Obviously not, considering." Thomas frowned as he looked down at their intertwined hands and sighed.

"So, Virgil... where did you go? I thought you went home." Virgil frowned as he quickly let go of Roman's hand out or reflex making Roman frown.

"I did... Go home, I mean. I went to my room and just... stayed there but..." Virgil frowned as he hugged himself a bit making both men a bit nervous. "I don't know. No one was there so... I just... I had time to think and... Thomas, I just... I had to work through some things ok?" Thomas's eyes went wide as Virgil snapped at him a bit. "I pushed Roman away because I wasn't ready to face something that I discovered the night prior."

"You already knew?" Virgil nodded as Roman whispered slightly with a frown. "That's why you said you couldn't be around me. Virgil, if you're not ready..."

"No. No, it's not that... I... I just... When I found out I was in a sort of denial. I told you I lost my soulmate. It's not easy."

"YOU WHAT?!" Virgil flinched making Roman pulling him protectively as Thomas just stood there with wide and horror-filled eyes. "You lost your... when... what? How?" Roman growled darkly as his eyes flashed with anger.

"Do not bring that up." Virgil frowned as he shook his head and shrugged.

"No, It's fine, Roman."

"NO, IT ISN'T!" Thomas jumped as Roman's eyes flashed with light similar to how Remus's does when he starts to snap. "Your past is traumatic, Virgil, and no one has the right to push those types of subjects. You don't have to deal with it and no one should just ask you because they don't understand. No one is just going to understand the absolute fuckery that is your..." Roman froze up eyes wide as he bit his lip to stop from finishing his rant. Thomas looked like a dear in headlights as Virgil pulled away with this confused look in his eyes. "I mean... Your past is yours to share when you are ready and only then. I don't want you to get hurt because you weren't ready... You know?"

"My soulmate was killed." Roman's face dropped as Virgil glanced over to see Thomas's pale as a ghost. "Right in front of me."

"Oh shit... Virgil, I'm so sorry." Virgil just shrugged as he looked back to see Roman staring at the ground with this very sad look in his eyes. "You don't have to talk about it. Roman's right. That sort of thing is just to personal..."

"It's ok. I'm not... healed. I don't think I ever will be but... I am slowly starting to come around. I already told Emile everything. And... Now Roman knows some things." Roman flinched slightly as Virgil just chuckled. "And now you know something too, Thomas. I am a very broken mess of shattered glass but... As my sister once told me things can be fixed. Sure they won't look exactly the same or hold the same amount but... It doesn't have to... to do what it's supposed to." Virgil didn't miss the small smile that reached Roman's lips as the two slowly looked at each other. "I'm ok, Roman. If I wasn't... I wouldn't be here. I'm not completely ready. I'm going to slip here and there but... One thing I know I can trust... you won't just disappear. You promised after all."

"Rule number 3... right?" Thomas frowned in confusion as Roman pulled Virgil in and just held him close. Virgil wrapped his arms around him with a chuckle as he looked over to see Thomas's eyes darting from one to the other as they slowly narrowed until... They shot wide noticing Virgil's smirk.

"What's a matter, Thomas? Finally, catch on?" Thomas just pointed at the two with shock as Roman finally pulled away with a glare.

"You... Him... both of you... wait... I'm confused. You said you lost... so he can't be... but your all... and he is..." Roman's glare intensified making Thomas whimper slightly under it.

"Is there a problem, Sanders?" Thomas just shook his head as Roman cocked his eyebrow at him in slight annoyance. "Good... Then why are you still here?" Virgil laughed as he slapped Roman's hand slightly before jumping away with a beaming smile. "Virge."

"You know Princey... With all the years I've been alive... I never actually got to see a zoo with a proper guide before." Roman's eyes went wide as Virgil made grabby hands at him. "Care to show me around?"

"Gladly..." Roman froze, frowning slightly as his eyes moved over to see Patton and Logan standing there far away. He couldn't see them well but he knew Patton was looking at him. He felt this surge of emotion in him... understanding... and he sighed. "I'd love to but I just remembered I promised Patton I would take him to see the butterflies." Virgil's eyes slowly fell as he let his hands drop to his sides. "Oh, don't give that look." Roman reached out gently tracing his fingers through Virgil's purple hair as he pressed his lips softly to Virgil's temple. "I promise I'll be back. We'll spend as much time as we can together... you won't be able to get rid of me. Just let me go do this one thing... ok?"

"Roman, it's fine. I just... I forgot how strong the need to be together is." Roman's eyes fell as Virgil just smiled up at him. "Just because we're soulmates doesn't mean things have to change. Go hang with Patton. I'll just walk around with Thomas."

"But I don't..." Roman bit his lip as his anxiety burned through him. He was so angry and terrified of Thomas being that he was a Sanders. Part of him knew Thomas was a good man. HE KNEW THOMAS! But... He could remember Eva. He remembers what she did to them all... to Virgil... and he just couldn't let that go. "Why Thomas?" Virgil frowned as Roman shook slightly. "Why not Emile and Remy... Or Janus and... I just... I'm sorry. I'm being overprotective again. Forgive me."

"It's ok, Roman. I understand. I'll be fine with Thomas. I'm not so sure why you're so worried about him but it's ok." Roman groaned slightly as he nodded and pulled away. "I'll see you soon?"

"I promise, Virgil."