9

Virgil stood there staring at the ornate lobby and frowned. It wasn't a crowded lobby but the ambiance it provided made the dark prince feel like he was a black smudge on it beautiful golden archway. He felt uncomfortable. Glancing around at the others Virgil got a sense of alienation. He didn't belong with these people. He just...

"Are you ok, Virgil?" Virgil tensed hearing Roman behind him. 

"I'm fine, Princey." Virgil walked away falling into place in the group as Thomas started going over the buddy system. Typical madness where you and your buddy are pretty much stuck together. Obviously, Thomas took soulmates into consideration. He put Janus and Remus together. Patton and Logan were partners. Virgil narrowed his eyes as he heard Thomas say Emile and Remy were together. Considering Emile wasn't a part of the program and instead staff it was a bit shocking. Usually, Joan or Taylin take the leftover person... Virgil. But in this case, Remy was paired with Emile meaning those two must be soulmates. That makes sense, actually. Virgil smiled a bit seeing how happy Remy was until a realization hit him. If Remy was paired with Emile then there was no leftover... Virgil would end up getting stuck with...

"Virgil and Roman, you to have room 213." The room went silent as they all look over at Virgil expecting an outburst. An outburst they unfortunately got.

"Fuck that. I demand a separate room!" Thomas frowned as he glanced between the two. Virgil was shaking but no one could tell why.

"Virgil you can't be alone... plus buddy system rules."

"FUCK THE RULES!" Emile and Patton both winced at the pain radiating off of Virgil. Remy noticed his soulmate tense and frowned over at the obvious cause of it. "I will not share a fucking room with Prince Better-than-everyone."

"You know I'm not actually a prince right?" Virgil growled catching everyone off guard and Emile frowned.

"You're damn right you're not a prince. You wouldn't know the first thing about ruling a kingdom." Virgil anger began to flare out and the room went silent seeing the man start to hover a bit off the ground. They had never seen that happen before. 

"Oh and you do. Virgil, shut up and open your fucking eyes. Whatever problem you have with me... It needs to stop!" Virgil scoffed, his feet back on the ground, as he just shook his head.

"I can't do it. I won't do it. Put me with anyone, I don't care anymore... JUST NOT HIM!" Emile jumped in action seeing Virgil sway a bit and ran over to hold him steady. "Not him. I won't do it. It hurts... It hurts." Roman frowned as Virgil mumbled under his breath to quiet for him to hear. Emile didn't have to... he felt it.

"Virgil, you need to breathe. It's ok." Virgil shook his head. "I know you're hurting but you have to..."

"He's not him." Roman's eyes narrowed hearing that and Emile frowned glancing a look over to the creative one feeling his pain and confusion added on top of Virgils. "He will never be him."

"He's not trying to be, Virge. You have to move on." Virgil's head snapped up and Emile cringed feeling the anger burn through him. He fucked up.

"Move on?" Virgil stepped back and smiled brightly as he looked around. "That's your expert advice on the matter. I have to move on?"

"Virg..."

"I have to move on." Virgil laughed as he hugged his hoodie tighter. "Alright. I'll move on... from this shithole at least." Before anyone could say anything Virgil teleported over to Thomas nabbing the room keys before teleporting away and Roman frowned. 

"Darn... wrong choice of words." Emile frowned as Remy pulled him in to comfort him. Roman sighed as he tried to find his room. 213... He found it but... it was locked.