•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊•

I shook my head in disbelief before speaking again, "Nah that doesn't make any sense-I saw him die, I-I held him

I shook my head in disbelief before speaking again, "Nah that doesn't make any sense-I saw him die, I-I held him." I said lowly.

Joshua looked up at me sympathetically before hugging my torso again, "he's alive-they did emergency surgery on him a couple hours ago and apparently now he's in stable condition. After they took you his heart was apparently still beating-just very faintly." He explained, " so faint that the EMT thought he was dead when she first checked his pulse."

"A couple minutes ago I got a call from a doctor saying that Javier was asking for me. I called my sister to pick me up, she should be here any minute now." he continued.

Before he could finish a loud horn interrupted him causing me to turn around.

It was still hella dark and that combined with still being on edge from earlier caused me to pull jay tightly to my chest as we both looked.

"thas' her?" I asked causing him to nod

"watchu' gonna do?" I asked.

Honestly I wanted Javier with us, but we were both still hella young and with me gone most of the time he'd be by himself, basically raising a teenager when he hadn't even hit 30 yet, hell neither of us had but I'd definitely been through more shit than him.

I had to take care of someone younger than me when I wasn't even finished growing up, I had experience.

Jay on the other hand was taking on too much and I don't want him to collapse under the pressure.

"look Clare I-I don't know, but we can't leave him there, the longer we do the more we risk ICE taking him away-you and I both know, nobody deserves that." He ranted.

Before I could argue he pushed passed me, "I gotta go."

Obviously he wasn't gonna let me talk him out of it, so I wasn't about to waste my time with that.

"well I'm coming witchu'." I said matter of factly.

As he stepped into his sisters car I jumped back into the van.

"Okay so there might be a slight change of plans." I sighed looking over at Commander and the other guys.

"Not that I'm aware of," he said with raised eyebrows.

"Look, I need to make one more stop-just one, after that I'm all yours-add other ten years to my duty or whatever you gotta do, I just gotta be somewhere really bad right now." I spoke.