𝕰𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊 𝕻𝖙.2

"Baby wake up

"Baby wake up..." Clare spoke, shaking me gently.

I quickly rubbed the sleep from my eyes as he spoke, "I already set everything up,"

As I exited the car, I walked over to the blanket covering the grass and took a seat, watching the city in its entirety from our mountain top view.

"I still can't believe you brought me here, "I never took you for the picnic date type.." I teased.

"Yeah, yeah." He waved me off.

I chuckled as I sat down across from him Indian style. He simply slouched on his side, knee propped up comfortably as he began to eat.

I grabbed a strawberry for myself and began to eat, as I caught him staring I turned my head to the side shyly.

"What.." I laugh, blushing harshly.

"nun, I'm just admirin'," he said simply.

"Clare I'm dressed casually.." I deadpanned.

"It's not what you're wearing, I don't know, it's just you." He spoke.

"I don't think I could ever love somebody the way I love you."

"Stop—"

"I ain't done," he cut me off.

"These couple years we've spent together, however up and down it's been. I can say that you have made every breath I've taken a happy one. I feel like I'm addicted to you, everything about you is intoxicating, mesmerizing, but it ain't satisfying....cause I don't ever think I could get enough of you."

"The first day we met, I knew you were special, I think that's why I took such an interest in you honestly. Because you had this aura about you that just pulled me in. And no matter who I was back then, or whatever my intentions were, you saved my life, you made it better and you brought me shit I use to dream about..."

"I guess I'm saying all this for one thing," he stood up, extending his hand do is do the same.

Of course I obliged and stood up, watching as he reached within his pocket, kneeling down on one knee.

"Joshua Hoseok, you turned me into the best version of my self, will you do me the honor, of marrying me?"

My mouth dropped in complete shock as I looked down at him, of course I've dreamt of moments like this, but I never imagined it actually happening, it always seemed like we had more pressing issues.

"Yes...YES!" I smiled slipping on the ring before I was embraced in a tight, bear hug.

"fuck I'm so glad that's over with." He mumbled lowly against me.

I was physically shaking at this point, overcome with.....happiness.

"You were nervous?" I questioned leaning back.

"Hell yeah." He chuckled releasing me and returning to his slouching position on the ground.

I returned to my own position and stared down at the ring on my finger.

"You like it?" He questioned

"I love it." I corrected, "when did you plan all this?" I questioned.

"I knew I wanted To do it here, I just didn't know when or how. About a week ago I said fuck it, and decided on a picnic, I'm sorry if it's not big enough." He spoke.

"No no no I love it, I'm not a big fan of grand proposals, this, this is perfect."

He smiled genuinely before leaning in for a kiss, which I obviously obliged.

When we broke apart both paused for a moment, frozen in time, soaking everything up before breaking out in a laugh.

He released a content sigh as he stared into the city.

I picked up another strawberry and bit into it.

I then motioned it to his lips which he opened, biting the rest of the fruit.

"This is it huh?" He spoke with a chuckle.

"What is?" I questioned, staring down at him.

"This is Another Life."

THE END.