•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓•

"How'd you sleep last night?" Mr

"How'd you sleep last night?" Mr.Jay asked me as we drove.

He'd went to the dealership with his friend early this morning when I was still sleep-when he got back we decided to spend our day at the park.

"Better than I have in a while," I half lied

I slept without any worries, but I had nightmares-constant ones. Every time I was able to drift off to sleep, I'd wake back up with a scream.

"Did your side hurt at all?" He asked.

"Yeah but I took the medicine the hospital gave me-tasted like shit though." I shook my head before slapping my hand over my mouth.

"My bad!" I said quickly.

He bursted into laughter loudly before waiving me off, "you're fine."

"Did they let you know when I can get off these crutches?" I asked.

I hated these shits and they made me feel crippled, I could walk fine already besides the slight limp.

"About a week from now-you just don't want to over work yourself fresh out of surgery." He explained.

I nodded and sat back as he continued driving.

Honestly the entire day he'd just done his best to get to know me-there wasn't one fact about me he didn't know at this point. Felt like he'd been here all my life.

"Have you spoken to coach at all?" I asked.

"He never really spoke about the 'commitments' coach had, to me or the adoption lady, it was like he was avoiding it.

I'm sure they had a reason but it was still weird.

"No," he shook his head, leaving it at that.

"oh...okay."

I was a little disappointed-the last conversation I'd had with him I was delirious and I don't even remember most of it.

Once we came to a stop I carefully exited the car and grabbed my crutches-putting them under my armpit to support my weight.

I looked around and took in the scenery-shit was actually beautiful.

People didn't even realize the small stuff they took for granted.

Back home I read books so I could see stuff like this-to everyone else it was just a regular old park.