•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞•

"And then I was like, what does that even mean

"And then I was like, what does that even mean. How can you say I'm difficult when you didn't even try and figure out what was wrong!" Alyssa ranted as we continued walk.

"Did you say he asked what was bothering you?" I questioned.

"That's the other problem, he should've known!" She continued.

I laughed at her antics before speaking, "you sure the pregnancy hormones aren't getting to you?" I asked.

"why does everyone keep saying that, I'm literally normal." She groaned.

"sure you are." I said sarcastically.

"You know wh-" she paused her sentence abruptly causing me to look at her.

"Either I'm delusional, or that's Detective Amirault." She spoke pointing over to a table in the food court.

I looked to where she was pointing, and that's was definitely him, but he wasn't alone.

"He has a daughter?" She asked with pinched eyebrows.

My eyes widened as realization hit me, "no....he doesn't, it's not his daughter."

"How do you know?" She asked.

"Cause she's Clarence's,"

"I really don't want to do this," Destin shook his head

"c'mon, it wont be that bad." I persuaded, "and there isn't anybody in here which is rare."

He stood there, clearly conflicted, his bottom lip tormented by his teeth.

"Look," I started, moving so I was behind him.

He tensed up against me-his breath hitching when my front met his back.

I made sure to give him some room, there were still boundaries I didn't wanna cross.

"is this okay?" I asked lowly.

" y-yeah." He nodded, stuttering slightly.

As he held the ball I put my hands over his, repositioning them.