•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕾𝖎𝖝•

"You can't do that," I shook my head

"Why," Destin sighed exhaustedly, his vein poking though on his forehead.

We'd been working at his Spanish homework for about an hour and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get it. Honestly it was surprising, he was smart—like really smart. Everything else was such a breeze for him that I think actually struggling at something made him angry.

"cause it's past tense, you're writing in present." I chuckled.

"I don't understand Javi ," he shook his head slouching back in the chair.

I thought to myself before responding, it was difficult to try and explain something so natural to me.

I didn't know why, I just did it.

"Uh, think of it like this," I started, "English words aren't much different, if you did something in the past—there's a different word for it, like fight and fought." I explained.

"So what's the conjugation?" He asked

"Well, it depends on the word, you know that right?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Mhm ." He nodded, and picked up his pencil.

"So how would I translate, I ran to the store yesterday?" He questioned.

"Thassa' kinda hard one since I'm sure the way they want you to write it ain't how I'll say it." I sighed.

I wrote down the translation and put my phone over it so he could see it.

"write this," I told him.

He giggled and began to write causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"whas' funny?"

"Your accent got stronger." He smiled.

His smile was contagious, soon my lips formed into my own.

"you know why." I chuckled.

"I know, its okay..." he paused before speaking again, "I Uh, I like it."

He bit his lip, turning his signature shade of red after he spoke, almost embarrassed at his own words.

I smirked, before looking down at my own work. We'd agreed to help each other out on our worst subjects, his was Spanish, mine happened to be math.

We continued for about another hour until we finished both of what we had to do.

Unfortunately we didn't have any time to talk since his mom called him, forcing him to hang up. That's usually how a lot of our calls went, we'd talk for as long as we could before on of his parents would force him to hang up.

I didn't know much about his home life since he didn't really speak on it a lot, but his folk seemed strict, it was odd. If I had a kid with anxiety, I'd want them to make friends, to get comfortable with someone at least.