•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊•

"So let me get this straight—you're adopting a 16 year old teenager from Mexico with your boyfriend—who escaped from a mental facility, and is now somehow free, who also left you and had you fall into a depression, not even a full 24 hours after y...

"So let me get this straight—you're adopting a 16 year old teenager from Mexico with your boyfriend—who escaped from a mental facility, and is now somehow free, who also left you and had you fall into a depression, not even a full 24 hours after you were returned from being kidnapped by an insane mob boss charged with everything under the sun."

"Well when you put it that way....."

"Joshua I'm not gonna do what Freya did, your my best friend and I love you—but if I said I support what you're doing I'd be lying." She spoke.

"I'm gonna stick by your side—but this is all absurd."

I understood both her and Freya's confusion, I was forced to leave so many details out that left the story with holes and things that didn't make sense.

I had to hide things—because there was even something I don't understand, only thing I truly knew is that I loved Clare, and he loved me.

"Well," she paused with a sigh, "if you're sure of what you're doing—okay."

"thank you," I said sincerely, thankful she didn't start another argument.

"so with that—I kinda need a favor," I spoke—cringing slightly as I awaited her response.

"mhmmm," she responded suspiciously.

"Well, I need you to take Javier and I back to my house." I said quickly.

She glared at me before nodding.

She then glanced over to Javier, who slept quietly. He'd been in and out of sleep constantly, each time he woke he'd ask me if I was okay then watch me intently before drifting back off.

"He's a cute kid, can see why you all care for him so much."  She said lowly.

"He's been through so much Alyssa, I mean I thought I had it difficult, but at least I had a childhood." I shook my head.

She stayed silent and studied us—looking between Javier and I.

"I'm not gonna pretend I haven't talked to Freya—because I have, and although I don't agree with her delivery, I get where she's coming from."

"She just cares about you josh—and she doesn't want you overworking yourself. You deserve a life too—I mean, where's Clarence, she said he was back, where is he now?" She questioned.

"It's—complicated..." I sighed.

"you're kidding..." she deadpanned, "So you're adopting Javier alone?" She asked.

"What, no," I replied quickly.

"Then where is he?" She asked.

"Look!" I snapped, quickly placing a hand over my mouth to silence my outburst as I looked at Javier to make sure he was still asleep.