•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓•

"You lock the door," coach causing me to nod

We decided to walk to the barbershop since everything was so close to the neighborhood we lived in anyway.

Mr. Jay had something to do with the Alyssa woman so he wasn't with us. Him and Coach had gotten back really early this morning, I didn't even realize they didn't come home last night until I heard them walk in.

"You met anybody out here yet?" He asked.

"Yeah, a couple of guys actually, they're pretty cool." I shrugged.

Honestly Marquees and the rest of them were dope, a lot better than the 'friends' I had back home.

"anybody caught your eye," he questioned with a teasing look.

I laughed and shook my head, waving him off, "Nah I don't think so."

"You lyin' your ass off," he chuckled.

"I'm not, there hasn't been anybody, forreal." I shrugged.

"deadass?" He questioned

"deadass." I mimicked.

"Then why the hell are you getting all red." He joked.

"I ain't, this is just weird." I defended with a chuckle.

"sure Jave, but if you do find somebody, tell me first—Jay might embarrass you. I don't think his ass would know what to do." He shook his head.

I laughed at grabbed my phone, silencing the constant notifications it was getting.

He watched me with an amused look before responding, "nobody huh?"

"You forget how young I am bro, I know how the game works." He chuckled.

"it's just Instagram," I shook my head, looking down.

"That doesn't mean you don't have people tryna' talk to you—if anything it just means you have more." He nodded.

Sure he was right, but I didn't really pay attention to my Instagram, especially the DM's. Most of the people in them were weird anyway.

After about five more minutes we finally made it to the barber shop.

We didn't wait too long, and we probably could've gotten in the chair earlier but coach insisted on going to the black guy since we'd never gotten our hair cut here and he liked his chances better with somebody his color.

"you feelin' it?" He asked me after he paid the man.

I grabbed my phone to look at myself before responding with a nod.

"definitely,"