•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊•

"thanks," I spoke as I strapped into the passenger seat

André nodded and waved me off, before beginning to drive.

"I owe you," he spoke.

"what for?" I asked, unsure of what he was talking about.

"I was a dick to you bro," he sighed.

"my intentions were good but not how I went about it, I can't just show up outta no where making demands." He spoke, "and for that—I'm sorry."

"you don't have to apologize, honestly." I assured, "I understand what you were saying and I'm sure you're right, coach probably won't like us doin too much when he gets back." I spoke.

His eyes widened for some reason, confusing me.

"coach?" He spoke, finally explaining why he'd look so taken back.

I gave him a questioning look causing him to speak up again, "still callin him that?" He chuckled.

I shrugged as I spoke, "is it weird, I don't know I feel like calling him dad or somethin' might make him uncomfortable." I said honestly

"Nah, you don't have to do nun like that until you're ready but I'm sure they won't mind. Both doc and my brother are your legal guardians and if you're comfortable enough to call them dad—er whatever , then do it. I know they'll be okay with, matter fact I know a hundred percent that my brother will love it. His big goofy ass always wanted to be a dad. Kinda why he—," he paused himself and shook his head.

"But yeah nah it's not weird." He nodded.

"You and him are close right?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's tough on me though, too tough sometimes." He sighed.

"You think he'd still let me play ball for the school?" I asked, looking over at him with anticipation.

He exhaled before speaking, "honestly, I don't know—when it comes to keeping people he cares about safe he can become suffocating. He can also becomes harsh because he feels like that's best. But I know that if Doc talks to him anything is possible." He explained, "my brother doesn't have many weak spots but Doc's definitely one." He nodded.

"and you lil bro—are the other." He smiled.

I sat back in the chair in thought, I never really considered that.

I know It would be hard for some people to understand, but my entire life I wanted a father.

Watching all the other kids play with theirs, talk to theirs, just be in the presence of theirs.

It hurt me.

So now that I had someone to fill that void, well two people to fill it, I attached myself to them fast.