•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗•

"Ok I think that's it, you've got money for lunch, your school stuff, your ID

"Ok I think that's it, you've got money for lunch, your school stuff, your ID." Mr.Jay continued, nervously running his hand through this hair as he ran down a mental list.

"I feel like there's something I'm missing, are you sure we've got everything." He asked again.

I chuckled at him as I looked out of the window, eyeing the school and all the kids filtering into it.

"Gosh I'm so bad at this, I don't have a clue what I'm doing." He spoke, running his hands down his flustered face.

"I have everything, it's okay, Thank you." I smiled genuinely, hoping to calm him down a little.

He nodded and eyed me as I exited the car.

"Hey, if you need anything else let me know!" He yelled, leaning a little so I could hear him.

I nodded and said my goodbyes before entering the school.

This was weird, like—everything was so normal that it felt fake.

Of course I got a couple stares and whispers as I walked in, but I expected that, I was the new kid.

I spotted Destin and the others after a while of walking aimlessly.

I didn't have much classes with any of them honestly, but being that I wanted to join the basketball team I'm sure I'd end up seeing Donovan and Marquees a lot anyway.

As for Destin, I could make time.

Once the bell rung I panicked slightly, the schools here were a lot different than in Mexico

"Do you need help?" Destin asked lightly, watching as my face contorted at the paper.

"I can help you." His light voice spoke again, bringing my attention to him.

I smiled a little before speaking, " You don't have to, I don't want you getting anxious with all these people around."

Back when I'd asked him to show me around he'd seemed so put off by the idea.

"It's okay, uh, I-," he paused abruptly before speaking again, "I feel comfortable with you..." his words drifting off into a whisper.

I had to hide the big cheesy grin I wanted to break out into, "you won't be late?" I questioned with raised eyebrows.

"they aren't harsh with attendance the first week—especially since students are getting adjusted." He explained, grabbing my schedule from me.

"dope, thanks." I smiled.

"Mhmm." He spoke, eyeing the paper as he began to blush.

After a couple twists and turns we stopped in front of a room.

"Here's your first class, Mr.Stone." He explained.

"I'm pretty sure he's the basketball coach too so you got lucky." He smiled.