𝕰𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊 𝕻𝖙.1

MONTHS LATER
GRADUATION DAY

Staring down at the Diploma in front of me was kinda surreal

I never thought I'd even be reading this in Spanish, not to mention English.

"Feels good don't it?" Coach asked, grinning at me proudly, as he held Janeah.

The more coaches daughter stayed with us the closer I got with her. It was like having a younger sister honestly.

Pros and definite cons.

"Yeah, real good." I cheesed.

"I'm proud of you Jave," he spoke.

"Thanks pop," I nodded.

"I'm proud of you too Javier," Mr.Jay spoke, snapping yet another photo before embracing me.

"I love you Da'," I spoke, hugging him back tightly, "thank you,"

"Love you too Javi," he smiled, his eyes shiny as they welted with tears.

For some reason it felt like I owed this to him too. I wanted it for my moms, but without Mr.Jay I wouldn't even have the opportunity.

He took care of everything for me, and I Loved him for it.

"Good job, lil bro." André cheesed, dapping me up.

Even André had come back down to see me.

"Thanks André." I chuckled, already tired of all the 'thank yous'

Ever since the Rodrigo situation, my dynamic with André had been kinda off, it was like that with all of us honestly, except coach I guess.

Da' and I never really talked to him anymore, but of course, him and coach were brothers so they'd never really separate.

Despite all that though, it was still nice of him to come down here for me.

"I'll be back, I wanna try and find Destin really quick."  I spoke, causing them to all nod understandingly.

It was weird, these last couple of months have been so up and down.

After everything that happened with Rodrigo, I was really fucked up, thankfully though Coach was home a little bit more and he helped me with it a lot. Had he not I'm positive I would've lost my mind.

I shuffled through the crowd, slipping through quickly in hopes to find Destin.

Even though we had decided to break up, nothing really changed, we still talked everyday, we still did other stuff, but we just lost the title, which he wanted.

We committed to two different colleges, and even though it hurt at first, he was right. It was unfair to us both to try and make it work.
We'd be too far apart, we'd barely have time, it was better to do it now, in person, than later, over the phone when our minds would come up with their own stories.