•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙•

"Remember, if at any point you're uncomfortable just let me know

"Remember, if at any point you're uncomfortable just let me know." I reminded Javier as we stood in front of the door of my parents house.

"I'll be fine," he nodded, reassuring me.

I smiled similarly before knocking, releasing a deep breath to calm my nerves.

As the door opened I was met with e faces of my parents, each of them wearing an unusual smile.

"Mother," I nodded, plastering a friendly, but ingenuine smile of my own, "father."

"Joshua, we've missed you son." My father spoke, allowing Javier and I to walk in.

"and you must be Javier.." My mother spoke, extending her hand for him to shake.

"Yes ma'am," he nodded, politely shaking her hand.

I removed my jacket and sat in on the rack, prompting Javier to do the same.

"Well you two get settled dinner will be out shortly." My mother spoke, smiling as she walked off to the kitchen.

I watched as my father followed her, smiling just as hard.

With pinched eyebrows, I stared in confusion, completely caught off guard by their demeanors.

This wasn't them, in my entire life—this was the nicest they'd ever been, and I wasn't use to it to say the least.

I led Javier to the dining area where we'd take our seats.

To my displeasure Freya was there, but she wasn't alone.

"Freya," I nodded.

She nodded in response but didn't verbally say anything. I didn't let her rudeness get to me and instead took my seat.

"She the only one you see?" A male voice spoke, questioning me.

I shot my eyes at Killian and clenched my fists, trying my best to hold back my anger.

I had no idea why she'd ever go back to him, but in all honesty, to say I was surprised would be a lie.

Victims often go back to there abusers, to think Freya would do anything different with her current mindset was idiotic.

"I'd rather not pretend to like you Killian, the best thing for both of us is to be cordial tonight for the sake of the dinner." I said flatly.

"I still don't understand why you're so hostile to me, I've done nothing but love your sister and support your family..." he spoke.

I rolled my eyes and chose to stay silent, he wasn't worth the time or vocal strain.

Looking over I spotted Javier who stared at him intently, like he was mentally reading him. Thankfully before things could get too bad my parents returned with the food.