•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞•

I groaned, as I sat down on the bunk

Every muscle in my body hurt at this point, hell breathing even hurt.

"you look rough Willard.." I heard from behind me.

Turns out to be one of the guys here I'd actually call a friend, Damien.

"wonder why," I responded, chuckling.

"Yeah they was killing us today, don't know what they got us preparing for but shit..." he sighed, taking a seat on his bunk beside mine.

"It's whatever.." I responded with a shrug.

He laughed a bit before responding, "you never seem scared of shit."

"The only things I'm afraid of pertain to my family, when it comes to me I'm fine." I said honestly.

We never really talk about our families, we'd gotten close just by being cool with it each other when it came to this military shit.

"you got kids?" He asked.

I thought to myself a bit before responding,"yeah, two."

"That's dope, I got two of my own at home." He smiled.

Everyone knew about Jay, I stared at his picture enough that they'd all ask who it was.

I was honest about it, I ain't have shit to hide and if they had a problem they could take it up with me.

"Two girls?" He cheesed, pulling a picture from under his pillows.

I look at picture and nodded, chuckling at how goofy he looked.

"What about you bro?"

"Girl and a boy." I nodded, doing as he did earlier and pulled out a picture of both of them.

I only had one from my daughter, the one I first showed jay.  I'd gotten Jave to take a picture when I was home.

"You've adopted?" He asked handing me back the photos.